FOTD: Unusual

Out on one of my walks, several of these happy things were poking out through the wrought iron fence. I haven’t the first clue what this is but, it’s flower-ish, I suppose. It is quite striking. If anyone knows what this is, SPEAK. ~Vic

Update: Thanks to my friend Love’s Flower Identification Service, this strange flower is a Euphorbia, or Spurge, which is the same family that Poinsettias come from. This particular variety is either an amygdaloides variant called ‘Robbiae’ or, a Redwing Charam, which is a hybrid of amygdaloides and martinii. I can’t tell. Thanks, Love!

Cee’s Flower of the Day Challenge

Unusual Image
Strange, pretty plant.
04-10-2019

14 thoughts on “FOTD: Unusual

floatinggold said:
    April 19, 2019 at 7:57 am

Never seen anything like it. Fascinating.

April 19, 2019 at 3:43 pm

Yeah. Me, neither. And, I’ve been living in this town for eight years, now and, this is my first time seeing them. It’s possible they are newly planted…

floatinggold said:
        April 19, 2019 at 10:08 pm

A mutated plant had been spotted during Vic’s walk the other day. It had her perplexed, and so the town’s botanists went to inspect it.
        Shortly thereafter, they were seen running away through the town’s gates, never to return again.
        (The camera turns to Vic sitting on a nearby bench with a smirk.)

April 20, 2019 at 12:10 am

Heh, heh, heh… Gotta watch Mother Nature! 😉

April 19, 2019 at 11:10 am

That is pretty and unusual!

April 19, 2019 at 4:53 pm

They were happy things, leaning thru the fence, like, “pay attention to meeeeeee”! LOL! I wish I knew WTH they are.

Lwbut said:
    July 3, 2019 at 1:57 am

Hmmm.. too easy! I’ve had a request for this one before? Apparently it was not from you?? If it was i thought i had answered it, but maybe it was at a time when my comment’s were being marked ‘spam’… either that or i forgot to hit ‘Send’ (which is more likely!) Or possibly it was on another blog!? 🙂

A-NEE-WAAYYY….

It’s a Euphorbia! Euphorbia is a very large and diverse genus of flowering plants, commonly called spurge, in the spurge family (Euphorbiaceae). Possibly an E. amygdaloides?? 🙂

July 4, 2019 at 12:35 am

It’s possible that I asked you this question once before but, I was sure I posted this before I found your site. I don’t know. Thank you, thank you! It is a Poinsettia cousin. Without your help, I’d still be scratching my head.

I hope you see the pingback.

Lwbut said:
        July 4, 2019 at 4:04 am

Got it – approved now! – with thanks! 🙂

July 4, 2019 at 12:35 am

Thank you, sweetheart!

Lwbut said:
        July 4, 2019 at 4:06 am

A pleasure ( at least i did not need to trawl though thousands of Google images to find it this time! ) 😉