FOTD: Porch Pink

I snapped this at my friend’s house with my old flip phone. It was trying its best to grow up on the porch. I have no idea what it is…other than pretty pink. ~Vic

Addendum: Thanks to my Flower Master, this is a Maiden’s Blush Old Rose.

Cee’s Flower of the Day Challenge
Love’s Australian Flower Identification Service

Pink Flowers Image
06-03-2013

29 thoughts on “FOTD: Porch Pink

floatinggold said:
    May 17, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Do you like any and all plants, or are flowers a particular passion?

May 18, 2019 at 1:51 AM

I like many, many plants. My flower posts are strictly related to Cee’s Challenge.

See…there are some challenges I participate in (regarding our blogging tips convo).

Lwbut said:
    May 18, 2019 at 3:11 AM

Thanks for stopping by… and for the link! 🙂
    The leaves give it away, i believe – I think it’s actually a rose, probably an English ‘Old’ rose, or possibly an English Shrub’ rose cultivar. Local growers may cross cultivate their own stock from a basic root to suit local conditions.
    Here’s my reference for comparison:
    Always at your service! 🙂
    love.

May 18, 2019 at 1:03 PM

Outstanding! You da MAN!

I have LOTS of pix to be displayed…100s of them. If I don’t know what it is, you are getting tagged! 🤗

Lwbut said:
        May 19, 2019 at 1:21 AM

Ooooohhhhh!…

… I better get my mojo working! 😉

ruthsoaper said:
    May 18, 2019 at 10:53 AM

It’s beautiful! The leaves and stems make it look like a rose bush.

May 18, 2019 at 2:26 PM

That’s what Bob said, above…my Australian flower master.

It is a pretty thing.💕

May 18, 2019 at 1:35 PM

Beautiful

May 18, 2019 at 2:31 PM

Shows you what I know….they remind me of carnations… beautiful either way.

May 18, 2019 at 7:48 PM

At least you had a decent guess. I was like “I got no clue…”. I was looking at Snowballs. 🙄

They do resemble carnations.

I’m just tagging Bob in Australia to tell me. It’s a hobby of his. He is a flower geek.

May 18, 2019 at 7:50 PM

I love Snowball bushes… my mom grew them and one day I had a bat… I never used them as batting practice again.

May 18, 2019 at 8:40 PM

Mom get after you?

May 18, 2019 at 8:41 PM

Oh yes! I was her baby so to speak but not that day when she saw her snowballs explode in the front yard.

May 18, 2019 at 9:04 PM

My sister is 8 years older… my mom was very easy on me. I was a good kid…well I had common sense and didn’t get caught at things…. my sister… always in mischief as a teenager. She was rough on her but I could do no wrong.

Tammy… my sister… would skip school and take me… told me what to say to mom… the car broke down etc. I never got it wrong lol…We always got along though…my mom would make her take me on dates… in the trunk going into a drive in to save money.

I remember seeing the R rated movie Cheerleaders 1 or 2 in 75 or 76.

I’m rambling again!

May 19, 2019 at 12:19 AM

That’s a great story. Sometimes, I wish I had a sibling. But, it’s hard to miss something you never had. Of course, my parents were young when they had me so, any sibling would have been younger.

I’m pretty sure a LOT of folks went to drive-ins in the trunk. LOL! I’m remembering the scene in Grease…

Are you and Tammy still close?

Ramble On…;)

May 19, 2019 at 12:27 AM

We don’t talk everyday but we still get along pretty well. She had a slight….and it wasn’t hard things but a substance problem when she went through a divorce.
                If she goes to a carnival she rides the fastest highest things…the opposite of me in life also. She is fine now though. She has always been pretty…I told her she got the looks but I got the brains lol.

At 8 years old…I knew what things were what with the female anatomy because of those R movies.

She got pregnant at 17 and mom hit the roof…she got married because that is what you did…so she was gone from the house when I was 9…so really I was alone from then on. I would go over and spend the night with her and her husband…her ex-husband and me are still close

May 19, 2019 at 12:54 AM

Hey. Divorce is a hard thing…all the way around.

She sounds wide open. Does she have an issue with you being close with the ex?

Not surprised that she is pretty. You’ve already mentioned your cousins that look like Heather Locklear.

And, not to change the subject but, changing the subject…the email associated with your icon…a gmail address…is that a good email address?

May 19, 2019 at 12:58 AM

No she is the most laid person in the world. She is happy I’m close to him.

I didn’t get looks lol.

Yes that is a good email address.. a better one would be firstname.lastname@outlook.com

you know my first and last right? But either email will work.

May 19, 2019 at 1:38 AM

I *assume* Max is the 1st. Last name…not a clue, unless the gmail account has the last name in it…

May 19, 2019 at 1:40 AM

Yes it does…I emailed the account you have…you should have it

May 19, 2019 at 1:02 AM

Is your email from the comments good?

ruthsoaper said:
    May 18, 2019 at 2:55 PM

I guess I missed his comment. It’s good to know that I was right though.