FOTD: Bright Yellow

I haven’t a clue what kind of flower this is but, I will dig around and see what I can find.

Addendum: This looks very much like a Forsythia. ~Vic

Cee’s Flower of the Day Challenge

Yellow Flower Bush
Around town.
Neighbor’s bush.
03-31-2019

15 thoughts on “FOTD: Bright Yellow

June 11, 2019 at 3:20 am

These are stunning

June 11, 2019 at 10:50 am

I love your photo! Makes my face smile!

June 11, 2019 at 2:15 pm

Excellent! I wish to make everyone smile!

It’s quite a find as, in my reading, Forsythia is not native to the US. A Scotsman had to bring some over. I’m thinking a family member from the Scotish Ayr Mount family did it:

June 11, 2019 at 4:57 pm

I have a large bush i my yard. It’s one of the first to bloom in spring and always lights up the day.

floatinggold said:
    June 11, 2019 at 2:19 pm

So many flowers. They must look like the sun from afar. Just a ball of yellow.

June 11, 2019 at 2:32 pm

This lady had several large bushes against her home, which also lined that part of the street (she has a neat setup home wise, anyway). You can’t miss them. They nearly reach out & touch you.

I’ve said it before, it is a happy color.

June 11, 2019 at 2:53 pm

I first thought was honeysuckle but I was way off. Beautiful though.

June 11, 2019 at 3:16 pm

I had to dig for this one. It isn’t native to the US. It was brought in, most likely by the Scottish immigrants that moved to this area.

June 11, 2019 at 3:29 pm

That is really cool that it is so rare.

June 12, 2019 at 12:07 am

And, I had no idea when I was standing on the side of the road snapping pictures. It’s named for a Scottish horticulturalist…William Forsyth.

June 12, 2019 at 12:28 am

Wow that was a fortunate find.

June 12, 2019 at 12:36 am

Linda in Colorado, above (in comments), apparently has one. They must be hardy.

bayphotosbydonna said:
    June 12, 2019 at 4:42 pm

We have a lot of forsythia in the mid-Atlantic/Northeast, I even remember it as a kid all around the neighborhood. Really got mad at my husband about 25 years ago when I saw my six forsythia bushes after he was done trimming them. 😉 There’s a landscaping rule of thumb I always heard that referenced forsythia. You have to put down your crabgrass preventer on your lawn before the forsythia blooms, or it’ll be too late. Never tried it ourselves, crabgrass ruled with us!

June 12, 2019 at 5:30 pm

And, here I thought it was a rare plant since it isn’t native to the US. Of course, a lot of things here aren’t native.

I’ve never heard that saying, before but, until I posted this, I’d never heard of Forsythia, either. Love learning new things…