Shutterbug Saturday: Feathers Part IV

Feather Image One
Photo Credit: George Becker on Pexels

In my last post on March 2, I was talking about sitting under my Hackberry tree and getting pelted with debris from a little woodpecker above me. I tried to get some shots of him but, they weren’t clear enough. My S7 just doesn’t do well with distance. That’s OK. I have other stuff.

Part I
Part II
Part III

Cardinal Image Two
From the Den window.
02-19-2019
Cardinal Image Three
And, he looked at the camera.
Geese Image Four
Geese coming up from the river.
04-16-2019
Geese Image Five
And, headed to a neighbor’s backyard.
Geese Image Six
They are such a cute pair.
Boot Birdhouse Image Seven
I haven’t seen any activity…yet. 05-06-2019

12 thoughts on “Shutterbug Saturday: Feathers Part IV

Angel at Watchyourlifeinpictures said:
    June 22, 2019 at 11:42 PM

Good bird shots!

June 23, 2019 at 12:11 AM

I like the pair of geese in front of the tree. The green of the nature around them.

June 23, 2019 at 5:51 PM

They are screamingly funny AND cute. Have you seen my previous post where they take turns as bodyguards for ducks?

cindy knoke said:
    June 23, 2019 at 12:51 AM

Oh my gosh! Is that a cardinal? I have only seen one in my life.

June 23, 2019 at 6:11 PM

Really? NC’s state bird. They don’t even migrate. They are here, rain or shine, snow or drought. Cute calls. They are everywhere. Where I’m living, we always have at least one pair nesting close to the house. I’ve watched them tend to their babies, chasing them all over the yard as they learn to fly.

I missed them in Texas.

I also grew up with Robins. They were everywhere, year round, too but, they are a rare sight, now.

June 23, 2019 at 10:19 AM

Very well done

floatinggold said:
    June 24, 2019 at 10:25 AM

That boot bird house is just amazing. Is that your creative idea?

bayphotosbydonna said:
    June 30, 2019 at 7:51 PM

So hoping you do get someone in your bird house, Vic, it’s so adorable!

July 1, 2019 at 3:02 PM

One would think that the Carolina Wrens would go for it. Those crazy things prefer the washtub against the fence or, our mailbox. I’ve caught them trying to nest in a wreath on the front door!

If I see activity, I will be taking shots.