Weird S*** Wednesday: Man in Joker Makeup Charged After Waving Knife

Joker Group Image One
Image Credit: Allure Magazine

A 25-year-old man clad in “Joker” makeup “menacingly waved” a pocketknife at several teenagers as he drove past them Tuesday in Haddon Township, authorities said. Assoumou Diby was stopped a short time [after] cruising past the group on the 400 block of West Crystal Lake Avenue on Tuesday, the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office and Haddon Township police said in a statement Wednesday.

It’s blurry but, here’s a visual…a man in joker makeup arrested by Haddon Twp, NJ, police after allegedly waving a pocketknife at children. The arrest followed days of sightings, scares and calls to police, who say, until last night, the behavior wasn’t criminal. @FOX29philly

-jennifer joyce (@JenniJoyceTV) June 24, 2020

Man In Joker Makeup Image Two
Photo Credit: Nicholas Matyas via Jennifer Joyce

Diby, of Haddon Township, was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon following his arrest. Earlier in the week, police said they received multiple reports from people who saw a man in Joker makeup walking around town, noting it’s not a crime [to] simply do that.

Diby is due to make a first appearance in municipal court July 16.

Jeff Goldman
nj.com True Jersey
June 25, 2020

Romero & Nicholson Jokers Image Four
Photo Credit: Collider

This isn’t the first time this has happened:
Man Dressed as the Joker Arrested in Winchester, VA (The Washington Post, March 25, 2017)

Life imitates art and the bail bondsman gets rich. ~Vic

23 thoughts on “Weird S*** Wednesday: Man in Joker Makeup Charged After Waving Knife

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    July 1, 2020 at 10:31 PM

Was he arrested for not wearing a mask?

I’m glad you have my Joker on there… Caesar Romero…yes he was in the camp Batman but I loved his portrayal of the Joker.

July 1, 2020 at 11:29 PM

A mask was not mentioned, curiously.

The only Jokers I missed were Mark Hamill’s cartoon one and Cameron Monaghan’s Jerome/Jeremiah twins.

Liked by 2 people

badfinger20 (Max) said:
        July 1, 2020 at 11:45 PM

I was joking about the mask lol. sorry.

Good story though…you could bet he was up to no good.

July 2, 2020 at 12:25 AM

Joking…about a Joker post. You are SO punny! LOL!

I think the dude is a CosPlay/LARP nut. Too many people get themselves all wrapped up in whatever Hollyweird spews out. I’d be willing to bet that, if he had the means, he would stalk Phoenix or Leto or Monaghan.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
            July 2, 2020 at 12:59 AM

Yes those people amuse me…but then kinda scare me on occasions

wandasanderspoems said:
    July 1, 2020 at 10:48 PM

Great post

July 1, 2020 at 11:33 PM

Thanks. News of the Weird fascinates me.

wandasanderspoems said:
        July 1, 2020 at 11:45 PM

I’m fascinated by sightings of Big Foot. I’ve heard audios that sound convincing..

July 2, 2020 at 12:27 AM

Big Foot/Sasquatch/Yeti is quite a fascinating subject. Some have reported that they are telepathic. Their presence is pretty much explained in the Chris Thomas material.

charliecountryboy said:
    July 2, 2020 at 1:17 AM

Bless them, I guess they are just a little bored, kids having fun, eh? 😉 No Catwomen stalking the streets I bet, now that would be interesting 😂. Interesting post, I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often.

July 2, 2020 at 1:50 AM

Hey. Halloween everyday? Why not. He was doing OK until the knife waving toward the teens. No laws against playing dress-up (ComicCons exist for this very thing). There are laws against brandishing a weapon that is non-defensive in intent.

July 2, 2020 at 11:21 AM

Joker/Clowns and the such are rather frightening. Just say’n. And with a Knife…..

Silk Cords said:
    July 5, 2020 at 3:32 AM

I wouldn’t be too sure about him just being a cosplay nut. People like this are why I wrote that one blog post criticizing the Joker movie. Glorifying evil has gotten to be cool, and this newer spin on the Joker since Heath Ledger has made lashing out randomly because you’ve had a bad day seem cool and acceptable too.

Not blaming Ledger there either. It’s the writers determined to make everything as dark and twisted as possible in that movie and since.

BTW, Mark Hamill and Cameron Monaghan have something else in common. They’re both Jedi. Monaghan did the voice acting for Cal Kestis in the Jedi: Fallen Order game. Rumor has it he MAY get a part in Disney’s Mandalorian show or one of it’s spin offs also.

July 5, 2020 at 3:41 AM

Jedis…Jokers…(weighing imaginary scales with hands)… Which leads me to, I know it is referred to as the “dark side of the force” but, I’ve never heard what the “good side” is referred to. The “light side of the force?” Just “the force?” Is it just “dark” & “not dark?”

Silk Cords said:
        July 5, 2020 at 3:47 AM

Yeah, light and dark sides. The light side is used as a term in books (comic and real) and games, if not in movies. Then there’s Last Jedi, where it’s all the same and it’s moral relativism on a cosmic scale. 🙂

Interesting news there later however… When I have a chance to blog it.

The Conductor said:
    July 8, 2020 at 1:32 AM

Geez. That’s a little unsettling. But with everything around me kind of desensitizing me, it just sounds mostly stupid.

July 8, 2020 at 1:40 AM

Howdy, Conductor!

It’s creepy as shit. The waving of the knife at teens while doing a drive-by doesn’t surprise me. The wearing of the make-up…WTF. Dude’s been watching to much Purge.