POTD: Cute Church

I’m not sure if this is a bird house that someone put on the ground, temporarily or if it is just a piece of yard art. It’s lovely either way. ~Vic

Cute Church Image
02-13-2020

22 thoughts on “POTD: Cute Church

March 27, 2020 at 11:23 PM

That is totally cool…I like where it is located also. I love old Churchs anyway…but that is cool…Cool find Vic.

March 28, 2020 at 1:55 PM

I was out on a walk and snapping pix of the tree. It’s big. Saw it on the ground beside it.

March 28, 2020 at 3:42 PM

That was a good find. I’ve seen a church shadow box one day…that is a dying art…but I love shadow boxes.
        I love the structures of churchs…older ones with the temple…the simple ones from the 30s-60s.

March 28, 2020 at 3:58 PM

I love shadow boxes. They are cool. And, I am fascinated with churches, as well. We’ve got a very old one, here, with a Declaration signer in it.

March 28, 2020 at 4:07 PM

I may take a few pictures of some here when we get out again.
            What is Declaration? You mean becasue of what is going on? I feel stupid lol

March 28, 2020 at 4:49 PM

Declaration of Independence. One of the signers is buried there…possibly two. It’s been a while since I wandered thru.

It’s OK. We are all basically brain dead right now. 🤯

March 28, 2020 at 5:02 PM

Wow…yes I’m not thinking straight…

guess what followed Martha in from outside? A chicken snake…my cousin Mark grabbed it

March 28, 2020 at 5:04 PM

Oh, my! Your child is bringing her friends home! LOL! At least it isn’t poisonous. We have a black snake that shows up around the house. I’ve tried to photograph it but, it is quick.

March 28, 2020 at 5:09 PM

I don’t mind non poisoinous snakes…but not in the house lol…
                    An hour before she was barking at something in the backyard…I went back and it was a turtle…stupid me picked it up….it ended up being a snapping turtle…they are mean

March 28, 2020 at 5:22 PM

LOL! Gotta watch those snappers! They are nasty tempered.

Sadly, we have had a Copperhead or two take up residence at the edge of the yard, on the corner where some rocks are. Ken raised the yard level years ago and we are on a bit of a hill. All kinds of things roam in and out of that hill, leading down to the ditch. The guy who does the lawn sees Copperheads every once in a while, while mowing. And, we are IN DOWNTOWN.

Gotten any frogs in the house?

March 28, 2020 at 5:27 PM

Yes….we have a pond on the edge of our 3 acres that is the neighbors…been there for years…it’s far away but yep we have frogs…some come up once in a while. We also get tree frogs that stick to our windows sometimes….they are really cool

I’ve seen one copperhead here in the 13 years I’ve lived here. It was right against our house….It went away before I could do anything.

March 28, 2020 at 5:52 PM

Little green tree frogs with toes you can see?

I guess our Copperheads are coming from the riverside. I just can’t imagine them trying to cross a well traveled road to get to our yard.

March 28, 2020 at 5:54 PM

Yes they stick on the windows like those things you put in a back window of a car….really cool.

They are scary…the copperheads that is…I can’t believe I’ve never seen or heard a rattlesnake here….we live in the woods basically

March 28, 2020 at 5:57 PM

Woods living can be peaceful…or not. Wildlife can be loud but, I’d rather hear that than traffic.

March 28, 2020 at 5:59 PM

People have come here…no lie and told us…this is the most peaceful place on earth…our pest guy wanted to buy it if we ever sold it. I hope we never have to move.

March 28, 2020 at 6:05 PM

That is awesome.

March 28, 2020 at 9:20 AM

Not sure how we maintain social distancing in that. Would like that in my garden. Look after yourself.

March 28, 2020 at 4:02 PM

You have a good eye! I love the little church!

bayphotosbydonna said: