POTD: Big Bug

I was headed into the local grocery store and noticed this. That is one big mosquito. *laughing* ~Vic

Big Dead Bug Image
07-13-2019

33 thoughts on “POTD: Big Bug

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    May 21, 2020 at 1:27 AM

At first I thought it was the “murder hornet” from Asia…another nice gift we have been given.

May 21, 2020 at 1:32 AM

IDK WHAT the hell that thing was but, it was big enough to carry off a child. LOL!

Those hornets are SO deadly to honeybees and we already have a dwindling population.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
        May 22, 2020 at 2:55 PM

This didn’t show up in my panel..it wasn’t like you not to respond.
        Killer hornets and viruses lol…what else. They look evil on top of everything.

May 22, 2020 at 3:15 PM

WordPress is losing its PHP/Javascript mind.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
            May 22, 2020 at 3:17 PM

lol…thats one way to put it.

May 22, 2020 at 3:24 PM

Eh. Code jackers. Always improving. Always adding features. Always fucking something up.

Liked by 2 people

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                May 22, 2020 at 3:27 PM

Now this one doesn’t have the edit feature…maybe they are watching ya

May 22, 2020 at 4:04 PM

I’m seeing the “more” button on comments on your site and mine.

It could be that you could alter mine because I was responding on your site.

Since this is my site, can you alter any of this?

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                    May 22, 2020 at 4:09 PM

Nope…I can’t alter this but that could cause some trouble. I could make you say anything I wanted….I’m Vic and I’m a grouch… anything…that cannot be a good thing
                    To be able to trash it yes…I see that but NOT alter what you are saying

May 22, 2020 at 4:24 PM

I’ve contacted WP. I sent them a message and got a chat response.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                      May 22, 2020 at 8:26 PM

Well good luck…tell them for me that feature sucks.

May 22, 2020 at 4:32 PM

They said they will look into it and contact me by email.

hanspostcard said:
    May 21, 2020 at 3:56 AM

Look at those wings! I hope you only saw one of those things.

May 21, 2020 at 1:23 PM

This was a first. I half-thought it was fake but couldn’t find any wires or glue or plastic. I certainly wouldn’t want to meet one, face to face.

bayphotosbydonna said:
    May 21, 2020 at 7:18 AM

Good gosh, that’s one big bug! You should have heard him hit, lol!

May 21, 2020 at 1:25 PM

I’m pretty sure the owner of the car heard a thump…probably thought it was a rock.

JT Twissel said:
    May 21, 2020 at 2:23 PM

Some sort of a cricket? Beautiful wings.

May 21, 2020 at 3:56 PM

Have no clue. I’ve never seen such a thing, before.

May 21, 2020 at 3:42 PM

WOW! What is it? The gold wings are beautiful.

May 21, 2020 at 1:33 PM

Not the first clue. I may have to ask a bug expert. There is a blogger floating around that knows bug-ology. 🐜🐞🦗🕷🦂

charliecountryboy said:
    May 21, 2020 at 3:49 PM

That’s a mosquito? Wow, so glad I never attract them, they say mosquitoes only bite overweight and sexy people. One of those makes me feel inadequate 😂

May 22, 2020 at 10:35 PM

LOL! Yeah. Bad, Southern US humor.

Sexy, overweight people have a lot of the blood they are looking for. LOL!

Sorry for the delay in response. I just saw this.

Kat said:
    May 22, 2020 at 8:07 PM

Omgosh! That’s a big’un. I thought they grew big here in the hot, humid environs of VA but I’ve never seen anything like that. Hope I never do!

May 22, 2020 at 10:36 PM

That was just a really bad joke. LOL! I have NO idea what that thing is other than big & ugly. And, dead.

BillboardVagabond said:
    May 22, 2020 at 8:56 PM

OMG! I also want to take this opportunity to nominate you for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award and you can find more about it here https://wordpress.com/post/billboardvagabond.me/1352 Thanks

May 22, 2020 at 5:39 PM

Hello dear. I appreciate the nomination but, I stopped participating in Blogger Awards over a year ago.

You are very kind but, I will have to decline.

Silk Cords said:
    May 26, 2020 at 5:22 PM

I think that’s a ciceda. They’re back this year. O_O

May 26, 2020 at 7:46 PM

I’ll take your word for it. I know what a cicada is but, I didn’t know they get THAT big. Sheesh.