VOTD: The Power Of Nature

WOW!!!

Pilgrimage Studio said:
    January 12, 2023 at 7:05 PM

Yikes is right! Wow

christiansmusicmusings said:
    January 12, 2023 at 10:16 PM

Holy cow, this is bloody frightening!

Bay Photos By Donna said:
    January 13, 2023 at 3:45 PM

Holy crap! I have a true phobia with tornadoes, my mom and I survived one in Louisiana when I was a small child. My dad was in the Air Force and we lived off base in a mobile home, it shook violently, we were under the kitchen table. Some trailers were knocked off their base, we were lucky, but I lost my outside toys. 🙁

January 13, 2023 at 6:48 PM

Oh, my! The closest I got to a tornado was in 1989. One touched down in the former small town of Elon College (now just Elon for Elon University) and it came very close to my maternal grandmother’s house. I was headed to her home when I ran into the lower wind gusts, about two miles from her house. I thought it was going to flip my little Toyota Tercel over. It finally moved on and, when I got to my grandmother’s house, I found her hiding behind a big recliner in the corner of the living room. If there had been a closer hit (she lived in a cinderblock house), she might have lost her roof but, her house & her sister’s house, next door, were little fortresses. Later, we heard about all the damage in Elon College.

I feel for you. Mother Nature can be brutal.

Badfinger (Max) said:
    January 14, 2023 at 12:28 PM

What is that old commercial? You don’t mess with Mother Nature. What a display!

January 14, 2023 at 2:08 PM

Yeah, that was a butter commercial.

I have been “close”, in relative terms, to one tornado in 1989 (my comment to Donna, above). That was enough.

doerfpub said:
    January 16, 2023 at 11:52 PM

That brings back nightmares – had some close scares here in the midwest, thankfully, they all diverted before it got to us or literally bounced over in some miracle. I think what people have a hard time understanding is there can be little to no warning..hear the train.. take cover.

January 17, 2023 at 12:15 AM

Oh, yeah. I’ve been close to one (see above in comments). Some former co-workers were subject to one in the middle 90s, in the town I am living in, now. I wasn’t living here, then but, I knew about it and saw the aftermath. A DMV Driver License office had the roof ripped off. My SO, Ken, worked in that office and has a desk in his office, here in the house, that came out of that DMV office. He had to work in a building in a shopping center for 18 months until the building could be fixed. Fast forward to 2014 and I was working in the same building…as a Driver License Examiner. No tornado but, he and I worked in the same buildings, twice.

I had just moved back to NC from TX in 2011 when the Joplin tornado hit. I remember Mike Bettes crying on camera.