National Mad Hatter Day

Mad Hatter Day Image

Oh, I just couldn’t pass this one up.

October 6 has four celebrations and a brand new one. Today is National Mad Hatter Day, which is àpropos to this being the month of Halloween. Considering recent political dramas, theatre of the absurd also applies.

Being ‘mad as a hatter’ was a real thing at one time, all silliness aside. During the late 18th and early 19th centuries, mercury nitrate was used extensively by haberdasheries in the production of felt. The symptoms of mercury poisoning or, Erethism were a myriad of crazy behaviors due to the neurological damage.

But, in the case of today’s Mad Hatter Day, grab a top hat and be ridiculous. Celebrate Lewis Carroll’s colorful character and be an “Alice in Wonderland” if you so choose.

Also celebrated today:
National Plus Size Appreciation Day
National German-American Day
National Noodle Day (I’m not kidding)
National Orange Wine Day (Founded by The Real House Wine to bring awareness to, of course, orange wines. It was proclaimed, today, by the Registrar at National Day Calendar.)

Cheers and enjoy!

6 thoughts on “National Mad Hatter Day

JT Twissel said:
    October 7, 2018 at 10:17 am

I’ve been looking forward to Noodle Day for a long time!!

October 7, 2018 at 3:57 pm

Well. There you have it. Noodles for everyone. Heh. We have 365/366 days to celebrate. I say, eat noodles & drink orange wine while watching Alice wander thru Wonderland. 😁😎🤗💕

floatinggold said:
    October 7, 2018 at 6:13 pm

I’m glad that I had some noodles today, and that my day has not gone COMPLETELY to waste.

October 7, 2018 at 8:16 pm

Noodles are good. An unwasted day is good. 😁😎💕

Bernie Kasper said:
    October 8, 2018 at 11:18 pm

Plus size …that’s me now I am just waiting for bald day and I will be fulfilled lol !!

October 9, 2018 at 10:47 am

They probably have a national celebration day for that, too. They celebrate something everyday and new ones are added all the time. I am guaranteed blog posts for a very long time. Heh.