30-Day Song Challenge: Day Seven

Music Challenge Image
Photo Credit: goodreads.com

A song to drive to…

This is definitely a song to drive to. Back when I had my 5-speed manual, 1985 Toyota Celica Coupe and, then, my 5-speed manual, 1991 Eagle Talon with the racing stripe and dual, overhead cam (both cars coveted for street racing and drifting these days), this song always made me drive fast(er).

“I’ve been drivin’ all night, my hand’s wet on the wheel…

It’s half past four and I’m shifting gears…”

Late add…

Forgot about this one.

“You know, it’s been a long, long road…
Since I packed up and left on my own…”

18 thoughts on “30-Day Song Challenge: Day Seven

the britchy one said:
    December 7, 2018 at 10:00 pm

I’ve never seen that video before. I love love love that song but their more camp than Christmas 😂

the britchy one said:
    December 7, 2018 at 10:04 pm

I’ve never seen that video before. I absolutely love the song but oh dear – they’re more Camp than Christmas!

December 7, 2018 at 10:32 pm

But, of course. It was 1973. And, I doubt I will be putting up any Christmas songs.

the britchy one said:
        December 7, 2018 at 11:03 pm

It’s timeless though. My mum loved this, I love this and my kids love it too

bottomlesscoffee007 said:
    December 7, 2018 at 10:15 pm

The eagle talon was an incredible car when it was unveiled. I think it was the same as the Mitsubishi Eclipse

December 7, 2018 at 11:08 pm

It ran like a scalded dog and I didn’t even have the turbo version. Damn fine engine. Mine was gold/metallic tan with the black tail fin & a single black racing stripe across the cam head and down the back. And, I still have my vanity plate…SHRPTALN…here, in my office. It looked like this but, with a stripe and different rims:

I had a vanity plate for my Celica, too…LEA’S TOY…and, that one sits in the back window of my truck. Interestingly enough, my Celica was gold, too (looked like this one, except for color):

…as was my first car, a 1977 Honda Civic…vanity plate on that was GOLDUST. I guess I had a thing for gold/metallic tan cars back then.

Eagle Talon
      Mitsubishi Eclipse
      Plymouth Laser
      All the same car with the same Mitsubishi engine. The Laser was the stripped down version. The bodies were all slightly different. Reminds me of duplications: Ford Pinto/Mercury Linx, Ford Mustang/Mercury Capri, Chevy Camaro/Pontiac Firebird…

bottomlesscoffee007 said:
        December 7, 2018 at 11:10 pm

That’s right. I remember now. What’s up with you and vanity plates?

December 8, 2018 at 1:32 am

It was my ‘thang’ back then. I worked for DMV Enforcement so it was easy to get them and check to see if anyone else already had the same.

My first car…that was pre-DMV. That was just me being proud of my first car.

Ken & I, both, have specialty plates, now…low numbered ones. He has a law enforcement badge/retired (#28) & I have a sheriff’s star for the association (#78). It just so happened that a friend of ours that worked for DMV @ HQ (Raleigh) started the paperwork on Congressional approval for the retired LE plates. She notified all the former DMV officers, first.

In my case, Ken & I are friends with our High Sheriff and, he gave us a heads up on the Association plates. I was one of the original 300 to place an order before Congressional approval.

bottomlesscoffee007 said:
            December 8, 2018 at 8:04 am

Awesome, that’s a great idea. A good way to avoid tickets!!!

December 8, 2018 at 1:31 pm

I have only had three speeding tix in my entire life. My first one…a damn pain-in-everyone’s-ass Trooper…THAT WORKED IN MY OFFICE. I called him an asshole in front of his First Shirt. He looked @ me and said “It ain’t no big deal. Get it reduced.” What made me mad was, he actually clocked a truck passing me…flying. He stopped me & I said “I’m across the hall from you.” He said “Yeah. I know” and gave me the ticket, anyway. First Shirt said “Bastard would give a ticket to his own mother.”

My second one was in Texas. Georgetown motorcycle cop & I was in a rented truck. That one? Yeah. I was haulin’ ass, northbound on I-35. It reminded me of the scene in ‘Smokey and the Bandit’…”Hey, Bandit! Hey, Bandit!…That be the Evel Knievel. He snuck in my back door when I wasn’t lookin’…” That joker came out of nowhere.

Last one? January 2013. I was late for school.

I have never gotten out of a ticket…but, I could have.

bottomlesscoffee007 said:
                December 8, 2018 at 2:02 pm

You ladies can get out of whatever you want. My boobs don’t work that way. 😢

December 8, 2018 at 4:54 pm

I’m like Britchy. We have no boobs. We have “chesticles” (her word).

You have boobs??? 😳

bottomlesscoffee007 said:
                    December 8, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Man boobs Victoria. fat guys usually got em. Speaking as a man, the size doesnt matter, just being in their presence and witnessing their beauty is all that is needed!!!!

December 8, 2018 at 9:37 pm

🤣🤣🤣

Gotcha!

bottomlesscoffee007 said:
                      December 8, 2018 at 9:38 pm

Maybe a gay would like it, but I don’t swing that way Victoria.

December 8, 2018 at 6:25 am

Good choice. Always wanted to see them live.

December 8, 2018 at 12:36 pm

That would have been cool. You would have had an easier time than I. They were Dutch.

Albino Pachyderms – Bitchin’ in the Kitchen said:
    December 8, 2018 at 2:20 pm

[…] Victoria the badass Hinoeuma at Cosmic Observation I’m giving a decision making kit in case she ever needs to make a descision between rum or […]