Tell The Story

Kristians Image
Photo Credit: talesfromthemindofkristian.wordpress.com

Fellow blogger Kristian tagged me for a story challenge. I am horrible at story telling. I couldn’t invent a non-fiction plot to save my life. Kristian wrote a poem for his picture. I suck even worse at poetry.

However, that being expressed, he did send me the above picture to use so…I will try.

The Last Thing He Saw

Fred was on his way home from visiting his family. No one knows what actually happened but, this was the last picture he took on his phone before flipping his car into a ditch. He was pronounced dead at the scene. He was only three miles from his house. The County Coroner’s Office has not released a toxicology report, yet. The County Sheriff made a brief statement to the press and offered condolences to his family. He stated that he and Fred had graduated high school together and, he was devastated. The investigation is ongoing.

I have gallows humor. Maybe I should do obituaries. ~Vic

23 thoughts on “Tell The Story

Kenneth T. said:
    February 2, 2019 at 12:10 AM

I believe he saw something (took a picture of it too) and it got him killed.

I’m not going to look at the image, in case I see whatever it was that got him killed.

February 2, 2019 at 12:27 AM

You may have a point, there. Better to be safe than sorry. 😉

cindy knoke said:
    February 2, 2019 at 2:00 AM

At first I thought it true, and felt the urge to say I am so very sorry.

February 2, 2019 at 2:52 PM

😄 Sorry. One if those fellow blogger story challenges. I am terrible with stories. I’m more of a “just the facts, ma’am” type.

Thanks for reading, tho. I appreciate the visit! ❤

talesfromthemindofkristian said:
    February 2, 2019 at 4:12 AM

Well that wasn’t bad at all. Practice makes perfect so I will have to tag you again sometime 😉
    The twist could have been that even though it was the last photo taken on his phone before the crash, no one could identify the scenery that was unlike anything in the area….
    🙂
    Thanks for being a good sport and having a go.

madmegsblog said:
    February 2, 2019 at 5:07 AM

I like it! Who says you can’t tell a story?
    P.S. I like obituaries.

February 2, 2019 at 3:05 PM

😆 Thanks. You are too kind.

Without Kristian’s photo, I wouldn’t have a clue.

It reads more like a police blotter but, that’s my fault since LE is my background.

JT Twissel said:
    February 2, 2019 at 1:44 PM

I always read the obituaries! I don’t think of it as gallows humor. There are some very good obit writers!

February 2, 2019 at 8:46 PM

It was good…
    Mine would have been one sentence.

February 2, 2019 at 9:32 PM

See. That’s me, too. In fact, I started out saying “I suck at this but, I’m good with one-liners…” It was going to be “This was the last picture Fred ever took when his vehicle was found in a ditch.” I just broke that apart and, added the toxicology and Sheriff part. I watch a lot of Forensic Files, so…

Thank you. 🙂

February 2, 2019 at 9:34 PM

I always get to the point… I go from A to B with no side trips.
        The toxicology report was a good add.

February 3, 2019 at 12:08 AM

Heh. Just like ‘Dragnet’…”just the facts, ma’am…”

I mentioned writing obituaries. Scroll up thru the comments and read the link about Leslie Ray Charping. It’s funny as hell but, sad, too.

February 3, 2019 at 12:18 AM

HOLY S^&T… I thought it was a joke one at first…but no…it was real. I’m laughing but I feel guilty laughing…

February 3, 2019 at 6:43 PM

That was making its rounds on FB about a year ago. Needless to say, he was NOT a good father. And, a nasty obit is sweet revenge. There were some folks commenting on the daughter’s words telling her that she shouldn’t have done that and tried to make her feel guilty for not leaving glowing thoughts. She was like “you didn’t live with him…you don’t know…” and something along the lines of “bite me” followed.

Be good to your kids. They will pick your rest home and they will write your death notice. Heh.

February 3, 2019 at 7:57 PM

Yep…you could tell it was deserved. Abusive and nasty… I saw some interviews last night with her… The part about the donkey was wonderful.