Shutterbug Saturday: Local Rogue Artistes

Sharing some graffiti artwork from our Riverwalk. All photos are from my personal collection. ~Vic

Graffiti Image One
Decorating an abandoned house.
Love is all…y’all.
09-23-2018
Graffiti Image Two
That looks like a wooden prison door.
I have no idea what WAE stands for.
10-06-2018
Graffiti Image Three
Door to the underworld?
10-06-2018
Graffiti Image Four
Think and, live life to the fullest.
10-06-2018
Graffiti Image Five
Smile.
Aw-some.
Brains.
10-06-2018
Graffiti Image Six
Wake up.
We seen it all.
Looks like the ‘all seeing eye’.
TK could be ‘think’, again?
01-08-2019
Graffiti Image Seven
I haven’t a clue.
01-08-2019
Graffiti Image Eight
Imagine (to the left).
Think (again).
I can’t read the rest.
03-17-2019
Graffiti Image Nine
All things are difficult before they are easy.
Well said and true.
03-17-2019

18 thoughts on “Shutterbug Saturday: Local Rogue Artistes

hawkfeatherstories said:
    March 24, 2019 at 11:10 AM

So cool!

March 24, 2019 at 2:45 PM

I thought so. I walk by them all the time and marvel at the skill.

March 24, 2019 at 11:29 PM

I like the Door to the underworld… They are talented…

March 25, 2019 at 12:54 AM

I thought that was SO cool. Someone has studied their three-point perspective. I remember that in art instruction.

As many art classes as my mother sent me to, you’d think I’d be a great artist. Nope. Latent talent (according to all of my teachers) but, I’m SO left-brained. I’ve done everything you could think of…except roll around in paint, naked. I’m just not down for that. *eyes rolling*

March 25, 2019 at 1:00 AM

I love the perspective also.
        Being left brain helps… it’s like guitar players. Some people are just born with a gift and they learn and progress more than others in music and art.

March 25, 2019 at 1:17 AM

I was better at music. I could read music and play the flute when I was in the 6th grade. My parents wouldn’t further any aspirations. I was looking at moving to drums but, was ridiculed. My family thought I should have played the piano but, I wasn’t interested in that.

I was on the Flag Team/Color Guard at both of my high schools. One of my friends/Flag Team members, from the first high school, had been quietly going to drumming lessons. When I moved back across town, our football teams played each other and I ran to the other side to see her. I was SO jealous. She had jumped from Flag Team to the Drum Line. I wanted to do that!

March 25, 2019 at 9:18 AM

That is good you learned how to read music. I have never done that. Always played by ear…of course in rock bands…that would not have flew in school.
            That sucks you never got to get drumming lessons. I now wish I would have joined something in school. The only thing I really joined was baseball that I played until I was a sophomore… by that time they sucked the fun out of it and I jumped into playing music with the guys.
            I wish I would have taken piano lessons at some point.

March 25, 2019 at 5:11 PM

I can’t read it anymore…🙄☹

March 25, 2019 at 5:44 PM

I didn’t know if you kept up with it… The only thing I can read is Tabs for guitar but I’m mostly by ear.

March 25, 2019 at 1:01 AM

I have an art friend who does it for a living… he is also a great guitar player… pisses me off lol…

March 25, 2019 at 6:20 PM

That portal door is amazing.

floatinggold said:
    March 27, 2019 at 9:14 AM

What is up with that “Think” showing up again and again? I think it’s really cool, but it makes me wonder if there is a certain movement going on? If there is a hidden meaning to it? Are those done by the same author?

Wae is a Scottish term used to express sorrow. At least that is what Google says.
    It’s also used as “why?” by the Asian crowd. Or as “way”, as a meme from Nintendo.

I have to disappoint y’all. That is not a portal to the underground. The stairs go up. So it’s more like a stairway to heaven.

March 27, 2019 at 7:35 PM

Good questions. I’m north of Chapel Hill, NC. There is ‘always’ some ‘movement’ going on. The Triangle is full of ‘social media influencers’ and ‘know-it-all, annoying do-gooders’ that are going to ‘save society’…and the planet. *eyes rolling*

OH. Well, that’s helpful. It didn’t occur to me to Google it.

Yeah. I saw the angle of the stairs. Perhaps, from underneath the highway, they lead up to the street. So…the doorway is ‘from’ the Underworld, not going to it. Heh. You are the first one to notice that.

Lander7 said: