POTD: Corvair

Corvair: Portmanteau of Corvette & Bel Air. This is definitely a First Generation 1960s model. It’s a shame that it is not being cared for. It is parked at this house. ~Vic

Corvair Image
08-01-2020
Click for a larger view.

17 thoughts on “POTD: Corvair

msjadeli said:
    September 18, 2021 at 5:00 PM

What a beauty! Donate it to The Gilmore Car Museum. They have young high school girls wearing gloves volunteering to keep their vehicles spotless — and you can visit the car anytime you want!

September 18, 2021 at 5:35 PM

I’m not sure who owns it. The old farmhouse has been abandoned since I’ve been here. Someone has been tending to the yard but, the house continues to deteriorate…and the car, too.

I can tell it was a pretty thing when it was new.

msjadeli said:
        September 18, 2021 at 5:37 PM

Your county register of deeds can tell you who owns the property if you’re interested. I would love to see it taken care of. I bet The Gilmore would send a crew out to pick it up even.

September 18, 2021 at 5:51 PM

Yeah. We have our County properties on Aries, online. It’s pretty easy to look up. I’ve just never bothered to investigate this particular property. I would imagine that whoever is tending to the property has the ultimate rights to the vehicle. It is sitting there, untouched, for a reason. As much as I like the vehicle, I haven’t the funds to purchase it from the estate owner nor would I contact said owner (assuming I could) and suggest a museum donation. This comes under “none of my business.”

September 18, 2021 at 9:56 PM

That looks like a car I could become attached to . It might break down a lot but the look, feel,and smell when it does work will be amazing

September 19, 2021 at 7:31 PM

I don’t have any stats on Chevrolet reliability from the 1960s. But, back then, the US knew how to build cars.

cindy knoke said:
    September 19, 2021 at 1:40 AM

Yes. History on wheels.

September 19, 2021 at 12:19 PM

WOW! My favorite of cars when I was a kid

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    October 5, 2021 at 12:32 AM

I do like this car…it kinda reminds me of my dad’s old Valiant… a little but this one is cooler.

October 5, 2021 at 6:27 PM

It would be so cool restored. It’s so cute! Dude, if I had that money from the Y2K freak-out, I’d try to buy it and fix it. LOL!

badfinger20 (Max) said:
        October 5, 2021 at 7:09 PM

That is me….I like cute cars…not big whale of cars…I do like this one.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: