Flick Friday: Just Plane Beep 1965

Just Plane Beep Amazon Internet Animation Dbase Image One
Image Credit: The Internet Animation Database &
Amazon

Fifty-five years ago, today, the short, animated film Just Plane Beep was released. Produced by David DePatie & Friz Freleng and, directed by Rudy Larriva, Paul Julian was the uncredited voice of the Road Runner.

Synopsis from the Looney Tunes Fan Site (possible future broken link as Fandom is in the middle of a migration):

Wile E. Coyote chases Road Runner on foot but, Road Runner produces dust and runs off the side, smacking the coyote against a wall. While lying down on the ground, a paper for Acme War Surplus is blown towards the coyote and he sends a coupon in the mail. He receives a World War I bi-plane kit and plans to catch the Road Runner using it.

Needless to say, things don’t go well. ~Vic

Additional Reading & Sources:
Big Cartoon Database
IMDb
IMDb Movie Connections List
Internet Animation Database
SuperCartoons
Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies Filmography 1965 (Wikipedia)
Wile E. Coyote & the Road Runner (Wikipedia)

28 thoughts on “Flick Friday: Just Plane Beep 1965

October 30, 2020 at 11:56 AM

I love this…I would watch them every Saturday Morning and love the inventions he would put together. When I was a kid I wanted him to catch him just once…just once…of course I never thought of the consequences then.
    I also like the simple illustration of the plane.

October 30, 2020 at 1:14 PM

All of those LT/MM cartoons are a damn scream. I loved watching Bugs Bunny/Road Runner or Bugs Bunny/Tweety shows. “Overture, curtain, lights… This is it…”

My father swore that there was one cartoon that he saw where Coyote actually caught Road Runner but, was so stunned that he did it, RR got away. I’d love to see that one…assuming my dad knew what he was talking about. Hell, those cartoons have been around since 1929. He very well could have seen it and it could be a lost film, now. Who knows.

October 30, 2020 at 1:23 PM

I loved that hour.
        The one that was my least favorite was the Tweety and Sylvester cartoons. I don’t know why…I was hoping Sylvester would catch that little f*&king arrogant twerp or Tweet…
        Lets see if we can find if he ever caught him…I’m going to google it…I think your dad is right…of course I’ve seen in MAD where he catches and eats him lol.

October 30, 2020 at 1:58 PM

🤣 “I ‘tink he mad at me…” as Sylvester drags him off.

I wonder if it is somewhere in your usenet group.

I loved all the characters but, my favorite is Gossamer. He is like me…nothing but hair & hi-tops! 😆

October 30, 2020 at 2:09 PM

I forgot about him! Awesome. He looks kinda like a Hanna Barbarra kind of character to me…but yea he was Looney Tunes.
            Dont’ forget…Hello My Honey Hello My Darling…
            I have some already

October 30, 2020 at 2:26 PM

Speaking of missing stuff, did you say the you found Peanuts stuff on your lists from the usenet group? Or do you have that stuff on DVD?

October 30, 2020 at 2:56 PM

I have most of the Peanuts DVDs and have ripped them.
                I did find a lot of the Looney Tunes

October 30, 2020 at 9:11 PM

Cool.

October 30, 2020 at 9:13 PM

Do you want them? A Boy Named Charlie Brown and Snoopy Come Home

October 30, 2020 at 9:22 PM

I will NEVER turn down Charlie Brown stuff. 😁

October 30, 2020 at 9:24 PM

Ok…consider it done…Snoooooopy snoooooopy …I love the theme song

October 30, 2020 at 9:27 PM

Thanks, little brother.

I haven’t heard a lot from David. He is up to his eyeballs.

October 30, 2020 at 9:30 PM

I was going to email you about that. I can’t wait to find out.

October 31, 2020 at 3:30 AM

He is usually pretty active with the group. He’s got his hands full right now. I think his mom is very close to passing.

October 31, 2020 at 11:20 AM

That is sad.

October 31, 2020 at 5:07 PM

She’s in her 90s. Mentally, she is with it. Physically, not so much.

October 31, 2020 at 6:13 PM

Well if I had to pick…that is what I’d pick…but it’s still not good.

October 31, 2020 at 7:50 PM

Me, too. What’s the point of having a decent body if your brain is mush.

October 31, 2020 at 7:51 PM

….and I’ve seen it happen. It’s beyond sad.

October 30, 2020 at 9:51 PM

Hey Vic…I sent you an email with a link so it might get blocked…found this wildlife dude on youtube called Chandler’s Wildlife…give it a quick watch…I’ve watched at least 15 posts by him.

October 31, 2020 at 3:32 AM

I will jump on it…after sleep. I’ve been busy carving my pumpkin, grabbing dinner and building my Halloween/Full Moon post.

The Chandler guy sounds interesting. I will make sure I check my SPAM folder. We just talk too much. LOL!

October 31, 2020 at 11:22 AM

LOL..,.yea Chandler is a nut….but smart

October 31, 2020 at 3:34 AM

Kenneth T. posted a video, below, regarding RR being caught.

October 31, 2020 at 11:24 AM

That is great…I do remember that!

Kenneth T. said:
        October 30, 2020 at 11:16 PM

It’s true! I have seen that episode as well!

Warner | Chasing Unicorns said:
    November 6, 2020 at 9:15 AM

[…] if you’re in the mood for a roadrunner cartoon, check out this recent post from Vic, at Cosmic […]