POTD: Big Chair

Big Chair Image
Big Chair
I think it is this rocking chair.
I could only photograph from a distance.
10-21-2020

16 thoughts on “POTD: Big Chair

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    June 11, 2021 at 8:50 AM

I love this…kinda spooky all alone out there. 12 feet high…that is a big chair.

June 11, 2021 at 1:58 PM

I so wanted to get closer but, it was fenced in with electricity and what appeared to be surveillance cameras.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
        June 11, 2021 at 2:02 PM

Can’t have people rocking in the rocking chair lol

June 11, 2021 at 2:12 PM

And, invading a tree farm… I wouldn’t want that, either.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
            June 11, 2021 at 2:21 PM

The rocking chair temptation is too great…like a big red button

June 11, 2021 at 11:41 AM

That is HUGE!!!!

bayphotosbydonna said:
    June 11, 2021 at 11:36 PM

Cool! I just took a photo of my husband in a huge rocking chair in Deadwood, SD. He looks like a little kid in it 🤣

charliecountryboy said:
    June 29, 2021 at 2:56 AM

How intriguing, why? How? Who? Are the things that spring to mind 😉 It reminds me of a horoscope someone once saw in a small Glasgow newspaper. “ Today you’ll go for a walk in the woods and find an old chair” I often wonder if there were thousands of Pisces wandering around the woods that day? 😂

June 29, 2021 at 10:41 PM

OMG! LOL! Funny you should mention Pisces and wandering around in the woods. Though I am a Solar Virgoan, I am a Lunar Piscean and, two days ago, I was wandering around in the woods. I went to visit my “egg lady’s” farm and she has walking trails. I didn’t know this when I dressed for the visit…in a skirt and strappy Sketchers, no less. I feel like I’ve been bitten by every bug known to man in the western most part of our county. I also wound up with a bruise from a donkey bite (she didn’t mean to do it…she was just trying to tug on my skirt). The mosquitoes, chiggers and one brave tick assaulted me. I continue to itch….everywhere, except for the soles of my feet, the palms of my hands and the top of my head.

Why they built and displayed a huge chair, I’m not sure. Thomasville, a couple of hours west of here, is proud of its gi-normous chair in its downtown. They were, at one time, the furniture capitol of North Carolina. This are does have a lot of woodworkers and metal workers.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: