POTD: Smoke Break

Walmart Smoke Break Image
‘Cause…everybody needs a smoke break…
08-30-2020

I want Carrie’s boots…

12 thoughts on “POTD: Smoke Break

June 23, 2021 at 9:15 AM

I like Carrie! Thanks for the post.

June 23, 2021 at 7:05 PM

Welcome, Momma! She has an amazing voice. It’s a shame she doesn’t make much music, anymore.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    June 28, 2021 at 12:22 PM

When you gotta have a smoke…you gotta have a smoke.

June 28, 2021 at 6:38 PM

Oh, yeah. I smoked on and off for about 20 years (total).

badfinger20 (Max) said:
        June 28, 2021 at 7:09 PM

I’ve probably smoked 10 cigarettes in my life…I’m like Clinton….never inhaled….I really didn’t.

June 28, 2021 at 9:12 PM

LOL! My parents smoked. My paternal grandparents smoked. Some of my uncles smoked. What got me was the cute guy in school that was a year ahead of me…Brett Bass. He was smoking a Marlboro outside our Youth Center. I’m like…14 and he asks me if I’ve ever smoked. I shook my head. He pulled the cigarette out of his mouth and put it in my mouth. That is like an “almost kiss” to a 14 year old. LOL! I coughed a lot and he laughed at me. He said “You’ll get better.” Some years later, I happened to be at a party…somewhere, at someone’s house. He was there, sitting on the couch, smoking a bong. I’d never seen a bong, before. He was high as a kite…bloodshot eyes. He wasn’t so cute to me after that.

I never was a heavy smoker. I could make a pack last a week. I smoked because my dates were. I smoked because my boyfriends were. I smoked because my dad did (my mother quit right after the divorce) or my grandmother did…which, is ironic considering I hated it when she smoked when I was a kid. My 2nd hubby smoked (I can remember him asking me “Why do you even bother?” LOL). Steve and Dan, did not. Steve knew I smoked some but, never said anything about it. Dan hated it and the entire time we were together (12 years) I didn’t smoke. I picked it back up with Ken. That lasted about 2 years (2011-2013) and I stopped, permanently.

To this day, I have no idea what a “nicotine fit” is. I smoked socially and when I was bored. I never “needed” one. I must have strange body chemistry because I never enjoyed pot…the whole three times I tried it. My 2nd smoked it daily. I never got air high. Go figure…

badfinger20 (Max) said:
            June 28, 2021 at 9:19 PM

My mom and dad smoked and smoked. I remember riding in the car and not being able to see out the front window because it was so bad.

That is why my dad rolled up the window at the carnival with my head sticking out…I told you that but I was A. looking at the carnival…B couldn’t breathe…then literally I couldn’t breathe when he kept rolling.

Mr. Bass wasn’t a good role model lol. I just cannot inhale…can’t do it.

I am glad you stopped and never had that nicotine jitters.
            Edible pot…oh yea I enjoyed.

June 28, 2021 at 9:47 PM

The smoke fog or the window smeared with the nicotine?

What an ass. Didn’t your mom tell him to stop?

I’ve never tried edible pot. I wonder if it would be better ingested than smoked. The three times I smoked it, all I wanted to do was hide in a closet somewhere. I’d rather be tipsy from some sweet wine, a good cider or a frozen margarita.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                June 28, 2021 at 9:50 PM

Fog…smoke everywhere. My mom and sister started to scream…he thought it was stuck…yea it was on my neck!

I was laughing hysterically after my brief time with the gummy bears. After 30 minutes…I said I feel nothing! Put another one in and as soon as I did BOOM…I was on the moon and smiling.

June 28, 2021 at 9:53 PM

Oh! Yeah! Now I remember. They did scream. I remember you telling me that.

Oh, lordy…

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                    June 28, 2021 at 9:54 PM

It’s funny now lol…. He didn’t do it on purpose but man did it hurt

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: