POTD: Sturgeon Moon 2009

I’ve been digging around in some old photos. I stumbled across this…apropos for the month. Full illumination for the August 2009 moon occurred at 8:54pm EDT on the 5th. I almost nailed the day! I did a 2018 post and a post last year. I didn’t take this one. This shot is much clearer than what my stupid-phone can come up with. It belongs to my buddy Ray and he doesn’t remember where he took it. The upcoming full moon will be full on the 22nd at 8:02am EDT. ~Vic

Sturgeon Moon August 2009
Photo Credit: Ray Tutterow
08-08-2009
Click for a larger view.

9 thoughts on “POTD: Sturgeon Moon 2009

JT Twissel said:
    August 5, 2021 at 2:01 PM

I can never get a good shot of the moon so I’m awe of those who can.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    August 10, 2021 at 10:58 PM

That is some great detail. On most phones the moon comes out blurry.

August 11, 2021 at 2:27 PM

THIS is the post with the Nikon. Sorry…

badfinger20 (Max) said:
        August 11, 2021 at 4:44 PM

I love the detail and you can see the formations on the moon.

August 11, 2021 at 8:54 PM

I was really surprised at how clear it was. I will be playing with this Nikon some more.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
            August 11, 2021 at 8:54 PM

It worked without the blur but I do like the blur on some pictures

August 11, 2021 at 9:08 PM

A blur can be really cool. My first stupidphone (S5) actually took better pictures than this S7.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                August 11, 2021 at 9:13 PM

I wish I would have gotten a true Iphone 12…I got an iphone 12 SE…which is the cheaper model of course. I’ve seen those pics from the 12…they are great.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: