Shutterbug Saturday: Tribute Pictures 3.0

Lone Star Wind Farm Image One
Photo Credit: lonestarwindfarm.com

This is Part Three of the five-part series showcasing my former supervisor W. H. Patton’s photography. The original post is here. Last Saturday’s post is here.

The above picture (on a phone) or the picture to the left (on a PC) is from the Texas Lone Star Wind Farm just outside of Abilene (northeast) and Clyde (northwest). On one of my visits to his ranch in Clyde, he took me out to this wind farm installation. Those wind turbines make the weirdest noises.

I wish I had remembered MY camera.

Round Three below.

14 thoughts on “Shutterbug Saturday: Tribute Pictures 3.0

cindy knoke said:
    December 8, 2018 at 9:18 PM

Love them all!

the britchy one said:
    December 8, 2018 at 10:18 PM

They’re all so good but the raccoons is my favorite. I love the disrespectful little ninja antichrists. They remind me of me!

December 8, 2018 at 10:29 PM

They are cute bandits. And, they LOVE cat food.

the britchy one said:
        December 8, 2018 at 10:32 PM

I know! We had one that used to eat with our barn cats at our old house. He was a huge bugger, I called him Big Chief Half-an-Ear for obvious reasons! He was as regular as clockwork, I miss him a lot

December 8, 2018 at 11:35 PM

Did he die or did you just move away? Did the barn cats come with you?

the britchy one said:
            December 9, 2018 at 12:42 AM

I guess he died because he stopped coming to visit. We had a nasty virus go through and decimate our barn cat population the winter before we moved. There were only four left and the Amish who bought our house kept them. They were pretty feral, they wouldn’t have adapted.

December 9, 2018 at 1:12 AM

How sad…

the britchy one said:
                December 9, 2018 at 7:40 AM

I know. We had a goose who stayed all winter because his mate got shot, he broke my heart every day. When he finally either got shot or caught by a fox/coyotes I missed him horribly. I get overly attached to wild animals but I don’t want to change

December 9, 2018 at 11:27 AM

I know. You just want to love on them. But, nature can be harsh.

Kenneth T. said:
    December 8, 2018 at 11:51 PM

The “bandits” were obviously washing (their) food. LoL
    You said the weirdest noise was coming from the wind generators? Was it a whoop whoop whoop type sound?

December 9, 2018 at 1:07 AM

It was a combination of two sounds…a ‘whoosh’ noise from the blades and this weird, low grade hum from the metal turning? Words are clunky. You have to hear it/feel it in person.

I can tell you that I wouldn’t want to be around it on a regular basis.

Kenneth T. said:
        December 9, 2018 at 1:29 AM

I haven’t heard the sound for myself, but I will agree, sounds (waves) can have adverse effects of people. They can have healing properties, BUT also disruptive ones too.

JT Twissel said:
    December 9, 2018 at 3:17 PM

What sweet pictures – love the bandit in the bird bath.

December 9, 2018 at 4:02 PM

They are too cute. Thanks for stopping by!