30-Day Song Challenge: Day 12

Music Challenge Image
Photo Credit: goodreads.com

A song from your preteen years…

I’m going to take a leap of faith, here and assume this means the tween years, a term that wasn’t around in the 1970s. And, since it doesn’t say ‘childhood’, I will stay in the 10, 11 & 12 year range. I will select one song from each year.

List of Songs From 1976

It was tough choosing. There was a lot of good stuff but, this will have to be my favorite from that year. This video was created by Rob Chismar and he posted it on Facebook (with a public setting) about seven years ago…The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald:

List of Songs From 1977

More good stuff but, I picked this one:

Isn’t It Time

List of Songs From 1978

This choice was by far the hardest. 1978 was a great year for music but, this one-hit-wonder is my choice:

Driver’s Seat

7 thoughts on “30-Day Song Challenge: Day 12

hanspostcard said:
    December 12, 2018 at 9:51 PM

Like all of those songs- especially The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald… bought the Sniff N The Tears album just for Drivers Seat.

December 12, 2018 at 10:29 PM

I did the same thing! LOL! A 45 just wouldn’t do because the album version is longer.

the britchy one said:
    December 12, 2018 at 10:10 PM

The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald was a brilliant song about a terrifying event. I live near Lake Ontario, one of the Great Lakes and I just can’t imagine how awful it must have been to be so close to land and in so much danger and unable to save themselves. It’s very sobering

December 12, 2018 at 10:45 PM

I agree. What happened to that ship is nearly as odd as what happened to Flight 19. They found the ship four days after it sunk but, never found the crew. They found lifeboats and debris but, no bodies. And, they still don’t know, exactly, what happened. Everything printed is all speculation.

The song always gives me chills. The video I posted is not on YouTube. The guy who made it has a YouTube channel but, only put it on Facebook. At the end, he added actual radio transmissions from that night.

December 13, 2018 at 12:21 AM

Winner, Winner and Winner… The Wreck of the Edmunds Fitzgerald has a mood like no other song.

December 13, 2018 at 1:38 AM

Glad you liked. It is a very haunting song and I can’t imagine anyone else singing it except Lightfoot.

December 13, 2018 at 1:45 AM

Gordon is the only one that could pull it off without sounding hokey. it’s erie…no pun intended…