Shutterbug Saturday: The Town

I’ve posted enough times about the small town I live in. It’s old, it’s eclectic and it is walk-able. It’s also way too expensive, unfortunately. But, I am enjoying it while I am here. ~Vic

Courthouse Image One
Back Entrance
07-14-2019

(Length 00:01:40)

(Length 00:03:53)

21 thoughts on “Shutterbug Saturday: The Town

September 29, 2019 at 12:15 AM

It looks like a town near Nashville that is expensive called Franklin. Love the Cedar Walk.

September 29, 2019 at 2:28 AM

This county has the highest tax base of the entire state, beating out Wake (Raleigh) & Mecklenburg (Charlotte). Ken bought this house 20 years ago on a cop’s salary and his daughter will be quite rich when he passes. It is stupid expensive here and UNC down south pays NO taxes (state supported school)…but, brings in plenty of money. 😠😡🤬

September 29, 2019 at 2:30 AM

Yea he bought it at the right time for sure. Our town has turned into that. The people here said…hey lets turn this town into Franklin and up went the taxes!
        Our house has almost doubled since 2007…it’s crazy.
        I know exactly what you are talking about.

September 29, 2019 at 1:50 PM

At least you don’t have a Liberal Arts University in your county pushing their politics & destroying the state’s cultural history. I’m not entirely sure which is worse…the arrogance of academia or the arrogance of politicians.

September 29, 2019 at 2:31 PM

No there is NOTHING liberal about Ashland City Tn.
            I’m very even handed about politicians…I don’t like any of them.

September 29, 2019 at 10:32 AM

I enjoy visiting your town (and areas) so keep the photos and words coming! 🙂

floatinggold said:
    September 29, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Arrogance of academia is definitely underrated.

jmshistorycorner said:
    October 1, 2019 at 6:37 AM

Looks like a nice place.

October 1, 2019 at 2:25 PM

It is a neat town but, politics are whacked.

jmshistorycorner said:
        October 2, 2019 at 2:06 AM

LOL. My town has been left-leaning for over a century, but I’m right-leaning.

October 2, 2019 at 3:45 AM

I prefer to think of myself as common sense-leaning.

jmshistorycorner said:
            October 2, 2019 at 3:51 AM

Fair enough. I consider myself a right-leaner, but I have quite a few views from the left or center, and sometimes wonder if I better class as a centrist.

cindy knoke said:
    October 3, 2019 at 3:03 PM

I am sorry Victoria. I got you mixed up with a spammer and inadvertently deleted. Please forgive. Your comments are always most appreciated (even when my brain is malfunctioning! 😉 Your photos are stunning and I always enjoy visiting your blog.

October 3, 2019 at 4:14 PM

No worries, love! You have a LOT of followers. I imagine many folks begin to blend together after a while. LOL!

Back at ya’! I love all of your stuff! ❤❤❤