Pink Moon 2020

Pink Moon Farmers Almanac 1818 Image One
Image Credit: farmersalmanac.com

Our full moon this month is a Super Moon, as was last month‘s…which I totally missed. I did a Pink Moon post last year with all the different names so, I won’t repeat them here.

Perigee Apogee Old Farmer's Almanac Image Two
Image Credit: almanac.com

I also didn’t have any immediate shots because of the weather and wound up posting some older pictures. Earlier, I thought the weather wasn’t going to cooperate tonight, either and I shared some older pix, below. But, it rose beautifully, without much cloud interference. It is a bit hazy, tho. I saved it for last. All photos are my personal collection ©, unless otherwise stated.

Full illumination occurs at 10:35pm EDT. Howl for me! ~Vic

Pink Moon 2017 Image Three
Spooky
04-10-2017
Pink Moon 2018 Image Four
Peek-a-boo!
04-28-2018
Pink Moon 2019 Image Five
Waxing Gibbous four days earlier.
Not sure why I didn’t post this last year.
04-15-2019
Pink Moon 2020 Image Six
Last night’s walk.
Moon over the Library.
04-06-2020
Pink Moon 2020 Image Seven
Got this standing in the middle of the street.
The tree is holding on.
04-07-2020

References:
Full Moons (Moon Giant)
Full Moon Dates & Times (Farmers’ Almanac 1818)
Full Moon Names (The Old Farmer’s Almanac 1792)
Pink Moon (Time and Date)

29 thoughts on “Pink Moon 2020

cindy knoke said:
    April 8, 2020 at 12:27 AM

Amazingly beautiful!

April 8, 2020 at 1:47 AM

You do live in a picturesque town I will say that. A lot of cool spots. That library looks like it belongs in 1930’s film.

April 8, 2020 at 1:58 PM

It is a neat town. It’s one of the oldest in NC. Bath is the oldest (1705), then New Bern (1710), Hillsborough (1754) & Southport (1792). John Lawson came thru in 1701 and called it Occaneechi Town for the NAs. There were Eno tribes, also. The English Gentry eventually drove them out to Virginia not long after that.

The Chapel Hill types keep trying to make this place like them…and their politics (think east coast California). The Orange County native-born fight them at every turn but, are outnumbered. Too many imports due to UNC…

April 8, 2020 at 2:12 PM

I thought it was old…it had to be to have that style. We have a town that similiar to that…Franklin TN I believe. The old downtown part is really cool.
        Some one is always trying to change something…never fails.

April 8, 2020 at 3:44 PM

Arrogance. “I know a better way.” Eh. Progressives. They “progress” themselves off cliffs, dragging the rest of us with them. That’s pretty much what we are watching, right now, in real time.

I need to look up Franklin.

April 8, 2020 at 4:44 PM

Franklin is old money…very nice. It’s near Brentwood which is new money. Franklin keeps their history pretty well.
            I hate the word progressive.

April 8, 2020 at 7:43 PM

I love that tall, Confederate monument. It resembles the one in my home county of Alamance.

Why do you hate the word?

April 8, 2020 at 8:04 PM

That is on the square… there is a movie that was filmed on that square. I’m going to look it up because it is driving me crazy thinking what it is. I wanna say Sean Penn was in it but I’m probably wrong.

Because of what you talked about…The new Doctor Who ordeal was “progressive”

bayphotosbydonna said:
    April 8, 2020 at 10:16 AM

We were cloudy last night, so no chance to photograph here. This morning I watched it at sunrise, sinking over the horizon. It was gorgeous, I should have taken a couple photos out the RV door but was still trying to wake up and get coffee. ๐Ÿ™‚

April 8, 2020 at 3:25 PM

Poor Donna. No wakey-wakey without coffee-coffee! ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„โ˜•

ruthsoaper said:
    April 8, 2020 at 11:19 AM

I’m hoping to see it tonight – last night we had the most incredible storm come through. It was constant cloud to cloud lighting for about 15 minutes and the thunder was a continuous roll as well before the rain started. My husband and I stood in the yard and watched and marveled at the power of nature. It was a good trade off for not seeing the moon.

April 8, 2020 at 3:36 PM

I have the utmost respect for Mother Nature. And, I thought for sure I wouldn’t get anything last night, either. We’d had storms roll thru, too.

Where are you?

April 8, 2020 at 11:41 AM

I always, always, always love your moon photos! Always

April 11, 2020 at 12:55 PM

Stunning. Ours moon was even more spectacular a couple of days later – it develop a deep orange colour.