Flower Moon 2020

I did a pretty extensive write-up last year with Native American names and two videos. I won’t repeat all that here. I am including a shot from 2017 (before I was blogging again) and a shot from 2019 that wasn’t part of the previous post.

Full illumination occurred at 6:45am EDT. Howl for me! ~Vic

Flower Moon Image One
From this evening…
Flower Moon Image Two
Peek-a-Boo
Flower Moon Image Three
I caught the Moon with the setting sun.
It’s a little hard to see.
05-17-2019
Flower Moon Image Four
More Peek-a-Boo
05-11-2017

27 thoughts on “Flower Moon 2020

Silk Cords said:
    May 8, 2020 at 12:25 AM

cindy knoke said:
    May 8, 2020 at 1:41 AM

Lovely!

May 8, 2020 at 10:20 AM

WOW! WOW! WOW! Ours has been hidden in clouds…this is just wonderful

May 8, 2020 at 3:36 PM

Tank you, tank you! I was pleased that we’d had beautiful blue clear skies, yesterday. That meant a clear moon capture…well…as clear as my phone can capture. LOL!

May 8, 2020 at 3:49 PM

Your phone does outstanding. I need a phone that can take great pictures…maybe someday when I’m rich

May 8, 2020 at 4:02 PM

I’ve seen your Moon shots over the Mesa. They are better than mine.

May 8, 2020 at 4:57 PM

But mine is a handheld camera, your phone does wonders

May 8, 2020 at 6:58 PM

It does do pretty good for a camera phone. But, it still can’t capture the Moon properly. It just blurs it.

Kat said:
    May 8, 2020 at 11:45 AM

Excellent photos!

JT Twissel said:
    May 8, 2020 at 12:51 PM

The moon woke me up about 3:30 this morning – it was so bright. So beautiful.

May 8, 2020 at 3:38 PM

It was a bright one. I was still awake at 3:30…

May 8, 2020 at 5:26 PM

Damn there are a lot of moons for just one moon… That is a great picture …that first one.

May 8, 2020 at 7:00 PM

There ARE a lot of Moon names…boggles the mind. So many cultures, so many names.

My phone still blurs it. I just can’t capture Moon’s face like a normal camera. I does OK, though, on other stuff.

That first photo looks like the Moon has five star-point arms. LOL! I think that is a product of the phone, tho…

May 8, 2020 at 7:25 PM

It does boggle my mind. I makes me giggle everytime you bring a new name to the table.

It does a good job…it’s hard getting it without bluring.

bayphotosbydonna said:
    May 8, 2020 at 6:34 PM

The last photo is my howling favorite! We’ve had cloudy skies the last several days, so I couldn’t see it. 😦 We’ve been back home in Maryland for over a week now, we were able to make our way back with not too much problem. Now trying to catch up with normal life in a new normal way. Much different/stricter than down south. 😲

May 8, 2020 at 7:18 PM

I was wondering about that. I have a friend in Delaware and I’ve heard about a stricter situation. My state? We’ve got people continually protesting in Raleigh. They are most cross… Then, there was my post on the Navy Master Chief protesting in the water at Emerald Isle (Carteret County). Dare County, on the other hand (Manteo, Kitty Hawk, Rodanthe, Hatteras, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Croatan…) went overboard & got called on it:
      There is money down there and I think they all got their asses on their shoulders over non-resident folks showing up for their own rental properties. The cops turned into East German Stasi. Papers, please…

That was a neat capture…that last one. I was photographing things even before I returned to blogging.

Tebogo Precious Moholwa said:
    May 8, 2020 at 7:33 PM

Nature is very therapeutic. Beautiful shorts

wandasanderspoems said: