Tune Tuesday: The Light (Disturbed) 2015

The Light Disturbed Zumic Image
Image Credit: Zumic

Five years ago, today, the #1 song on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Chart was The Light by the heavy metal band Disturbed. Released October 5, 2015, it was the fifth track from their sixth album Immortalized and the second release.

The video is full of powerful imagery. The lyrics deal with tragedy and triumph, being able to find grace in the most extreme and unnerving circumstances.

Joe DiVita
LoudWire
November 20, 2015

“Go figure. Disturbed songs with an air of positivity. Who would have ever thought?

You know, the only way that you get to appreciate the darkness is by contrasting it with light. And it’s been my experience, with people in my life, or friends that I have or have had, that sometimes those periods in our lives that are dark ones can be so daunting and you let them overwhelm you to the extent that you succumb to hopelessness and you succumb to stagnation. And the truth be told, everything is a pathway. Sometimes you have to go through dark periods in your life in order to find the answer that you need, in order to become stronger, in order to see the light… ~David Draiman

Blabbermouth.net
November 20, 2015

Lyrics

7 thoughts on “Tune Tuesday: The Light (Disturbed) 2015

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    December 31, 2020 at 12:37 AM

Interesting video but not my music.

December 31, 2020 at 3:52 AM

Eh. I wasn’t into it, either. My Song Saturday is the stuff I like. The rest is merely historical value.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
        December 31, 2020 at 9:39 AM

He reminded me of Joe Savage at first…Joe Savage was an idiot that lived in our small town. A musician who kept leopards at his house and used them in his act…
        They escaped and killed his 3 years old daughter one day and he said he was happy it happened so she would not have to grow up in this world…needless to say more than one escaped and we were all looking around when that happened…WHOOO Max went off the deep end.

December 31, 2020 at 3:00 PM

“…Joe Savage was an idiot that lived in our small town.” I just choked on my tea with that opening line.

OMG. FREAK. The cats killed his daughter and he was like “Eh?” If you didn’t want a daughter to grow up in this world, why the fuck did you have her in the first place???

I bet you were pissed. Please tell me he went to jail for that shit.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
            December 31, 2020 at 4:57 PM

NOPE… hold on….it’s short.

It pissed me off….he gives ever religion a bad name. No one I know would say this….read it.

December 31, 2020 at 7:43 PM

WOW. Even his oldest daughter knew the cat was a problem.

I’ve said it before…some people should not reproduce.

So…where is this asshole, now?

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                December 31, 2020 at 8:32 PM

I would imagine in Nashville but I’m not sure. He was really famous here and Boston I believe.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: