Movie Monday: Portraits In Dramatic Time 2011

Portraits
Photo Credit: IMDb & Amazon

Ten years ago, today, the film Portraits In Dramatic Time was released. Directed by David Michalek and Paul Warner, it starred William H. Macy, Holly Hunter, Liev Schreiber, Alison Pill, Lili Taylor, Patti LuPone, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Alan Rickman, Ludivine Sagnier & William Mapother.

[This was] a series of 40 art films created by artist David Michalek. [It was] a free, public installation that [could] be seen on the facade of the David H. Koch Theatre, between July 5-31, 2011, nightly, from 8:45pm-11:45pm, as part of the 2011 Lincoln Center Festival. Each video depicts a dramatic scene shot in just 10 seconds and played back in hyper-slow motion, extending the length to about 7 minutes. The scenes vary from solos by famous actors […]. The extreme slowness allows the viewer to witness details of movement, such as muscles [or] facial expressions, revealing the gradual progression and in-between moments of developing emotions. Veteran film and theatre director, Paul Warner served as executive creative consultant and assisted in coaching and directing the actors.

IMDb Summary

Alan Rickman Video (David Michalek Site)
Participating Artists (David Michalek Site)

Trailer

8 thoughts on “Movie Monday: Portraits In Dramatic Time 2011

The Conductor said:
    July 7, 2021 at 12:44 PM

Huh, never heard of this one, but the concept is spot-on. Good to see you again, Vic.

July 7, 2021 at 2:23 PM

I hadn’t either until I plugged in a date in IMDb. Interesting concept.

Where have you been?

The Conductor said:
        July 7, 2021 at 4:26 PM

Just been really caught up with life, y’know. Visited family up north and am also heading to Arizona later in the month. My computer that I write my blog on also broke for a week and had to be repaired. Trying to get back in the rhythm, though. Hoping to post a Jurassic Park review on the weekend.

July 7, 2021 at 5:26 PM

I know busy. I hear ya’. I know computer troubles, too. *sigh*

Look forward to it.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    July 17, 2021 at 11:45 AM

That looks like a cool experiment. I’m behind again…I find myself here a lot lol.

July 17, 2021 at 3:40 PM

Dude. I’ve been busy as hell with my group. And, I had a bad spell with my heart around 5a this morning.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: