POTD: Thunder Moon 2021

Also known as the Buck Moon or Hay Moon, I grabbed this shot around 9:00pm. Full illumination occurred on the 23rd at 10:37pm. Here is my previous post. ~Vic

Full Buck Moon 2021 Image
Peek-a-boo
07-22-2021

23 thoughts on “POTD: Thunder Moon 2021

July 28, 2021 at 11:28 AM

Nice. We are either cloudy or so smokey the moonlight can’t shine through. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

July 28, 2021 at 5:57 PM

I’m so sorry, Momma.

And, sorry I haven’t been around much. I’ve been crazy busy and had to cut back on my posts, again.

I STILL have a gift for you. I desperately need to get it in the mail to you. Some days, I don’t know whether I should wind my butt or scratch my watch. โ˜บ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜–

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

July 29, 2021 at 12:59 PM

๐Ÿ™‚ You just keep on keeping on what you are doing. Life sometimes is like that ๐Ÿ™‚

Rusty Armor said:
    July 28, 2021 at 7:46 PM

Mmm. I had quit using the reader, but thought I had the notices set up right for your posts. I was thinking you had just quit posting for a bit.
    My bedroom window is canted 10ยฐ to the West, so when the full moon comes, my bedroom is lit up like an operating room. My welsh grandmother called it the hay moon and warned us that the wolves stalked children on that night. With age, I am beginning to think that perhaps it was just her way of keeping us from wandering around in the warm summers nights! But you never knew for sure. The Welsh side of the family was a spooky bunch …

July 28, 2021 at 11:17 PM

Actually, I’m posting every other day. Posting every day can be tough. I stay busy. And, don’t discount WP being hinky, either. I routinely read of others having trouble getting notices from other’s posts and having to “re-follow” people.

Our house faces the East…morning sun directly in the face as the master bedroom was once a living room and is the front window. Kitchen, in the back of the house, faces the West and I have great views of sunsets. The moon rises perfectly Eastward in the Winter and takes a more Southerly (ESE) approach in the Summer. This entire town was built on a grid pattern that is nearly a perfect E/W/N/S configuration. Might have something to do with it being an old Native American trading path. The Southern end of the house faces a river across the street.

Heh. Welsh Grandmother. Interesting. My last name is Jones (maiden). That side is Welsh/Norman/Scottish. The maternal side is English/Irish/Native American. I’ve got some spooky family members, too.

Rusty Armor said:
        July 29, 2021 at 11:14 AM

Jones? What a coincidence!

July 29, 2021 at 3:27 PM

I take it that is your last name…or your Grandmother’s?

Rusty Armor said:
            July 29, 2021 at 7:21 PM

Maternal Grandmother. She was reared in the Indian Nations of Oklahoma along the Red River. Oddly, maternal grandfather was a Vaughn, and thought it is normally a Germanic name, there were also Welsh Vaughns โ€ฆ Some of their parlor โ€˜tricksโ€™ were hair raising!
            BTW โ€ฆ thanks for the every other day writing tip โ€ฆ I think it might work a bit better for me.

Rusty Armor said:
            July 29, 2021 at 7:29 PM

Mmm. Posted a reply, and it said it posted, but I see nothing. Will try and recreate it if it doesn’t show …

msjadeli said:
    July 30, 2021 at 5:14 AM

Nice to get such a clear shot of the moon. Iโ€™ve never had much luck trying to photograph it.

bayphotosbydonna said:
    July 30, 2021 at 10:38 PM

….I see you!

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    August 10, 2021 at 10:56 PM

Great picture Vic…I’ve given up remembering the names.

August 11, 2021 at 2:23 PM

Moon Giant will tell you, Earthsky will tell you, Date & Time will…

Ray brought me the little Nikon that took this pic…way back when, before I met him. I’ve been playing with it.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
        August 11, 2021 at 4:41 PM

It worked rather well. The slight blurry part adds to it.

August 11, 2021 at 2:26 PM

Wait. Wrong picture. This was taken with my stupidphone. I’m getting my posts mixed up. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ณ

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: