Foto Friday: Land of Oz 3.0

More shots from the Land of Oz in the 70s. ~Vic

Previous posts are here and here. Images are from Emerald Mountain Realty.

Debbie Reynolds Image One
Lovely close-up of Debbie Reynolds in a museum that was once there.
Click for a larger view.
Dorothy's Dress Image Two
Land of Oz’s first Dorothy viewing one of Judy Garland’s dresses.
The dress was stolen in the 1980s.
Click for a larger view.
Ski Lifts Image Three
Ski lift gondolas.
Click for a larger view.
Balloon Ride Image Four
This was a balloon ride that was created from the ski lifts.
I rode it, once, with my parents in a blinding rain storm.
Click for a larger view.
Brochure Image Five
Brochure from around 1973.
Click for a larger view.
Brochure Image Six
Another brochure.
Click for a larger view.
Brochure Image Seven
Second page.
Click for a larger view.

Additional Reading:
Land of Oz
(Romantic Asheville)
Land of Oz (My Home/UNC-TV)
Land of Oz Theme Park (Wikipedia)

10 thoughts on “Foto Friday: Land of Oz 3.0

Phil Strawn said:
    November 27, 2021 at 12:08 AM

My wife and I, back in 1970, followed the yellow brick road and found ourselves in a Waffle House for breakfast. That was after the pot wore off. Debbie Reynolds was one of my favorite gals in those days. Nice post.

November 27, 2021 at 12:48 AM

I wish I had the ability to enjoy pot. I tried it three times, once in high school at a party and twice in college. All three times, all I wanted to do was hide in a closet until I became normal, again…while my friends raided the fridge. I must have strange body chemistry. Said chemistry also prevents me from cigarette addiction. I have no clue what a nicotine fit is.

I’ve eaten at one Waffle House…Raleigh, NC, Capital Blvd., 2am, 1999. That was the nastiest food I have ever eaten. I suspect the food was much better in 1970, much like how McDonald’s once was.

Thanks. I will be posting more over time.

cindy knoke said:
    November 27, 2021 at 12:25 AM

WOW! Amazing.

Kenneth T. said:
    November 27, 2021 at 6:06 AM

Land of Oz looks like it was a cool place. Sorry I missed it

November 27, 2021 at 5:59 PM

It still exists but, in a different form. It’s not really an amusement park, anymore. It’s only open in the Autumn, now.

November 27, 2021 at 11:27 AM

I still like Debbie Reynolds even after all these years 🙂

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: