Foto Friday: Wings Over Wayne 2.0

Click for a larger view.
Airborne Chopper Image Four
Airborne Chopper
Click for a larger view.
Red Cross Duster Image Five
Red Cross Duster
I climbed into this one.
Click for a larger view.
In The Pilot Seat Image Six
I’d love to fly one.
Click for a larger view.
Feets On Pedals Image Seven
Feets on pedals.
Too Many Buttons Image Eight
Too Many Buttons

10 thoughts on “Foto Friday: Wings Over Wayne 2.0

charliecountryboy said:
    March 19, 2022 at 7:08 AM

Looks like fun 😊 Have you ever been up in one?

March 19, 2022 at 2:56 PM

Sadly, no. And, I’ve only flown (in a big bird) a handful of times.

charliecountryboy said:
        March 20, 2022 at 6:29 AM

That’s a shame, I’ve always fancied one of those 2 seaters with the glass bubble at the front, that’d be cool.
        I had a recurring dream once where I was flying a sort of chair. I guess like a microlight but sitting instead of laying. I really enjoyed it. That’s maybe why it was recurring 😂

March 20, 2022 at 4:38 PM

You just described a Bell helicopter. Maybe you should find a helicopter pilot in the UK and make a go.

Badfinger (Max) said:
    March 20, 2022 at 1:56 AM

I like the Airborne symbol…I’ve known some guys in it…in Clarksville. The helicopter looks cool…I also love the purple hat beret thingy.

March 20, 2022 at 2:24 AM

That one was Screaming Eagles. We have AA at Fort Bragg.

When my stepmother was slowly dying of cancer in 2012/2013, she, of course, lost her hair. She had many hats and I wound up with several of hers when she passed. You can’t see it but, it has a bill. I got three of them…the burgundy/purple one, a black one and a tan one. They are made of wide-seam corduroy. I wear them constantly. I also have a wool, black & white Houndstooth hat that has a short bill that resembles a cab drivers hat and a black felt Western/Outback mix cowboy hat, too…good for rain.

Badfinger (Max) said:
        March 20, 2022 at 2:29 AM

Yes that is what I was thinking of…
        That is really cool… it looks awesome. You don’t see that color everyday.

bayphotosbydonna said:
    March 20, 2022 at 7:49 PM

Having lived near Dover AFB (Delaware) for many years, I have seen and had those big ole C-5s fly right over me while driving! Huge!!! To see one ‘bank a curve’ in low flight over corn fields while out practicing take-offs and landings is unbelievable. All pretty amazing machinery, even the old for its times. We’ve come a long way, baby!

March 20, 2022 at 5:13 PM

I can just imagine the shadow that big bird would cast. It would probably handle like flying a brick.