Shutterbug Saturday: Frog Strangler

Or, Toad Strangler or, Gully Washer… My dad was fond of the frog saying and my maternal grandfather always used the latter. All three are good descriptions of the storm that just swept through here, today. I haven’t seen this much water since Hurricane Matthew in 2016. Have mercy… ~Vic

Rain Storm Image One
I thought my chairs might float away.
The backdoor neighbor had his own mini-river.
Rain Storm Image Two
Patio at the side door looks like a mini-swimming pool.
Water from the next door neighbor’s poor drainage…
Rain Storm Image Three
The gold pick-up in the first photo…this is his backyard.
The Eno hasn’t crested, yet and, the water is at his backdoor right now.
Rain Storm Image Four
Bench at Turnip Patch Park didn’t fare well.
Rain Storm Image Five
Entrance to Gold Park underwater.
One sewer access is over-flowing.
Rain Storm Image Six
Underwater graffiti.
See my previous post on this.
Picture #2

More to come…

12 thoughts on “Shutterbug Saturday: Frog Strangler

Auntysocial said:
    April 13, 2019 at 8:58 PM

We’ve had similar a couple of times these last few years. If everyone’s safe and has a place to stay the rest will fix, fettle and mend. 🙂

April 13, 2019 at 9:28 PM

I agree.

I’m glad I live on a bit of a hill overlooking the houses across the street with nature’s swimming pool in their backyards. Thankfully, the Eno doesn’t flood this much all the time. It’s been 2 1/2 years since the last one (hurricane).

Auntysocial said:
    April 13, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Last major flood we had I looked out and saw my car go bobbing along outside. Literally just saw “Wheelie bins… fencing… another wheelie bin.. ooh shit my car! Ah well full write off anyway” 😀

April 13, 2019 at 9:43 PM

OMG! LOL! Yikes… I would be distraught if I lost my truck like that.

Auntysocial said:
        April 13, 2019 at 9:49 PM

Two trailers, a massive pile of tractor tyres and a baling machine were swept up and never seen again – no word of a lie. Farmer was there “Where the bloody hell have my trailers gone?”

Me “Off on their holidays probably stripped and weighed in for parts already I imagine”

cindy knoke said:
    April 14, 2019 at 1:03 AM

Wow! We still need your water. Life is strange.

April 15, 2019 at 12:35 AM

WAH! Come and get it. And, we have more coming…😖😫

You are somewhere in CA, right?

April 14, 2019 at 4:25 PM

That is on the moist side. Good weather for amphibians

April 15, 2019 at 12:38 AM