POTD: Examiner Encounters

From October 2014 to August 2016, I was a Driver’s License Examiner. I had several interesting encounters and experiences. The job wasn’t bad but, HQ was a terrible problem. Politics is a nasty business.

This kid was the customer of one of my co-workers but, I started to giggle when I read it. He didn’t mind me taking a picture. ~Vic

T-Shirt Image
10-14-2015

11 thoughts on “POTD: Examiner Encounters

cindy knoke said:
    May 16, 2019 at 2:29 AM

There is something wrong with me. I understand this perfectly.

May 16, 2019 at 1:07 PM

Heh. Ain’t nothing wrong with you at all. Makes complete sense to me, too. 😁💕

floatinggold said:
    May 16, 2019 at 10:56 AM

Did you get into any accidents?

May 17, 2019 at 12:26 AM

Some minor ones. One kid backed over a mailbox on a rural 3-point turn (I was working relief in a small town in the county north of my home office). Another kid backed over a short concrete pylon in our across-the-street training section (after that episode, I made SURE my drivers understood that they were THERE).

A Brit pulled out of our parking lot and proceeded to drive on the left side of the road. I asked him if he remembered what country he was in.

There were many near misses as many drivers don’t understand what YIELD means (my drivers and the others we had to navigate around).

floatinggold said:
        May 17, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Those cracked me up. Especially the Brit. I’m not surprised one bit. I figure it takes some getting used to.

May 17, 2019 at 3:13 PM

The breathalyzer people & the diabetics were interesting. One guy had a prosthetic leg…that he disconnected, folded & put in my lap.

Then there’s the rides in sports cars, badass jeeps, tricked out trucks, some 18 wheelers for farms and the fire trucks.

Rivergirl said:
    May 16, 2019 at 1:31 PM

Love this!
    And sadly understand it too…..

May 16, 2019 at 7:19 PM

This guy has his bases covered.

May 17, 2019 at 1:01 AM

It was so cool. And, I was amused that I understood it.

GAH. I’m such a geek!

May 17, 2019 at 1:04 AM

Like I said…he was a geek delux but a cool one