Autumnal Equinox 2019

Now that I have gotten the Billboard nonsense off of my chest, today is the first day of Autumn. The Equinox of 2018 fell on September 22. I wasn’t out and about, today so, no pix but, I do have some from last year.

Flag Image One
House a block away from mine.
09-23-2018
Riverwalk Path Image Two
Riverwalk path.
Cedar Tree Image Three
Odd looking Cedar tree that doesn’t get a lot of sunlight.
Riverwalk Bridge Image Four
Riverwalk iron bridge.

The Equinox for our area occurred at 3:50am EDT. ~Vic

Facts & Folklore

Meteorological Fall

Time and Date Issue #88

10 thoughts on “Autumnal Equinox 2019

September 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM

That Cedar tree belongs in a horror movie…I feel for it though

September 24, 2019 at 1:49 PM

It was in the forest surrounding the old Occaneechi Speedway…EARLY NASCAR. I need to do a post about that thing.

September 24, 2019 at 5:58 PM

Yea I never heard of that speedway before. So it’s just there not being used?

September 24, 2019 at 2:19 PM

It’s my understanding from the locals that, a major NASCAR speedway was to be built on the site. Orange County said NO and Talladega was built.

It is well maintained. It is a walking track, now, connected to NC’s Mountains-to-the-Sea trail.

floatinggold said:
    September 24, 2019 at 9:38 AM

The cedar looks awesome. So different.

September 24, 2019 at 10:27 AM

I love the area you live in, it seems so fresh an inviting.

September 24, 2019 at 2:06 PM

Smaller towns do tend be more green. Raleigh & Durham…you might as well be in California…concrete jungles.

But, YOU get to live in Colorado. That state is stunning.

Eh. Perspective, I guess. ❤

September 24, 2019 at 4:06 PM

We are loaded with all types of people anymore…the Green Marijuana World, you know. Now they are spilling out of the concrete jungles of big cities of the Corridor and into our neck of the high mountain desert.