Shutterbug Saturday: Garden of the Gods

My previous Tale of the Canadians took place a few months before my move with the Marine to Texas. We arrived in July 2002 and, by September, I had snagged a state job. I wouldn’t start for three weeks so, the Marine wanted to go sight-seeing (think road trip). One of the places we visited was the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. ~Vic

Garden of the Gods Image One
First week of September 2002
Shots taken from the travel van.
Click for a larger view.
Garden of the Gods Image Seven
Different angle.
Click for a larger view.

17 thoughts on “Shutterbug Saturday: Garden of the Gods

Charles Huss said:
    January 30, 2022 at 7:42 AM

That must have been a nice trip. My parents took us to many cool places like that out west when I was too young to remember. I’d like to take a road trip out there now that I am older.

January 30, 2022 at 2:05 PM

The Marine & I were out on the road for two weeks. We wandered all over the Southwest and on into SD. We would get lost on purpose just to see what we could see. The van had a comfy queen-sized bed and we had lots of storage room. We caught showers at truck stops…very nice showers. We’d park in between big rigs and sleep. The diesel engines running was like white noise. We carried coolers with us and kept snacks. We hit nice restaurants for dinner. I have TONS of pictures.

It was a fun time. We had Motorola Star-Tac phones but, no computers or TV.

January 30, 2022 at 10:42 AM

Nice. You were 6 hours from us…across the Continental Divide. I hope your weather is calming down.

January 30, 2022 at 2:23 PM

I loved Colorado Springs back then. Not so much, now. Things have changed, drastically, in 20 years.

We are still in the 30s with snow on the ground in patches. No new forecasts for more right now. We got side-swiped by the Nor’easter but, didn’t get dumped on.

January 30, 2022 at 4:00 PM

Huttle up and stay WARM!

January 31, 2022 at 1:30 AM

House is nice and warm. Faucets are on drip.

January 31, 2022 at 11:28 AM

Winter…the sound of dripping water 🙂

bayphotosbydonna said:
    January 30, 2022 at 9:30 PM

Pretty! We were supposed to camp near there this past September for two weeks but had to cancel our trip and get home for personal family matters.

January 31, 2022 at 1:33 AM

Oh, no! I hope everything is OK.

bayphotosbydonna said:
        January 31, 2022 at 7:59 AM

My dad was diagnosed with esophagus cancer. 🙁 He’s trying to recover now from the intense chemo and radiation treatments. Very weak, he lost 51 lbs through this ordeal. He was just allowed to start eating by mouth again, but it’s not going well. 🙁

January 31, 2022 at 9:33 PM

I’m so sorry to hear that, Donna. I hope he heals quickly.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    January 30, 2022 at 10:40 PM

Awesome scenery Vic…those rock formations are just cool

January 31, 2022 at 1:34 AM

They are breath-taking, up close. I wish we could have stayed longer but, we were nomads back then.