Blog Update

Aster Flower
10-23-2020
Could be an Alpine Aster, a New England Aster or a New York Aster.
Pl@net can’t determine.
Click for a larger view.

Well, well, well… I see that WordPress ditched the “Pro” Plan. What an absolute clusterfuck that was. I unloaded in July over their mess (last blog post). As an “I’m sorry” gesture, I was given a $120.00 credit towards a Business Plan. Ok. I’ll bite. The Biz Plan comes with a lot of features and I did get used to the “Classic Editor” plug-in and the “I-Frame” plug-in. I also get access to a tip jar/buy me a coffee payment feature. It would be nice to be appreciated for my work. Just sayin’…

Anyway, I am back but, I may be busy trying to clean up many of my previous posts that the “Pro Plan From Hell” fucked up royally. Uploaded videos may need to be re-uploaded…or restored. I have accounts with Rumble & YouTube so, embedding will work. The BIG question at this point is, have the Happiness Engineers straightened out the browser Reader & the app Reader so that everything renders properly.

We shall see… ~Vic

23 thoughts on “Blog Update

Kenneth T. said:
    October 24, 2022 at 6:05 PM

No change is ever perfect. SOME things will need to be fixed.

October 24, 2022 at 6:28 PM

Yeah. I know. I am prepared to try a repair some stuff.

Catherine said:
    October 25, 2022 at 9:42 AM

Happy to have you back.

October 25, 2022 at 10:12 AM

Thank you, dear. It is no fun blogging when nothing works right.

doerfpub said:
    October 25, 2022 at 3:57 PM

Glad to see you are back!! I’ve been less than impressed with a lot of the changes in WP – used to run my own installation off of GoDaddy, but eventually gave that up when an update to Firefox deemed my site a risk because I didn’t have an official trust cert. Opted against the $500 charge for that and went to WordPress hosting – not liking the lack of control, but oh, well. Anyway, glad things are straightening out for you, but sorry for the other news you shared.

October 25, 2022 at 4:13 PM

I will be proceeding with great trepidation.

I have heard of some issues between WP & Firefox. I blog with Brave and there have been odd issues between them.

$500 for trust, huh? Mozilla “used” to be a good company, just like Automattic. Foundations take over shit falls apart.

Yeah…the other news. I am still working with my uncle to clean up the mess. Forty years worth of nicotine, dust, oil furnace soot & dog hair…all over everything. Nothing but trash. You should see his nasty bathroom. And, it wasn’t like he was handicapped. He was just lazy. He was cruel to me and the only tears I cried were of relief & release of anger.

doerfpub said:
        October 25, 2022 at 4:53 PM

At this point I am at lesser of evils – I used to be very close to Mozilla in a former life and they managed to piss me off during their “we’ll tell you what is and is not fake news” BS, but still pales to the “Do no evil” company and their outright meddling.. You definitely have a bad situation with the other, hopefully you can get that taken care of, bury those bad memories for good.and focus on better times, Hang in there.

October 25, 2022 at 5:38 PM

Yeah. NO one is gonna tell me how to think.

I do a lot of “giveaways.” Write my frustrations, try not to read them back…then, burn them. If something still bothers me, I write some more and burn some more. Very effective…

Thanks, sweetie! 💕

October 26, 2022 at 5:06 PM

YAY! You are back!!!

October 26, 2022 at 6:33 PM

Trodding carefully. I was given a big credit. “Pro Plan” disappeared for a reason. I had been thinking of going Biz, anyway. “Pro” just showed up, first. I’m glad they ditched it.

Now, I will have to go about repairing my site. So many videos are trashed…

October 28, 2022 at 12:20 PM

I am so sorry

October 28, 2022 at 1:07 PM

It is what it is. WP has been going down hill, lately. Hopefully, it won’t get any worse.

Badfinger (Max) said:
    October 26, 2022 at 9:50 PM

Well for some reason I wasn’t following you AGAIN…hopefully that is it and we ar back to normal…it’s great to have you back Ms Vic!

October 26, 2022 at 10:25 PM

I saw the new follow notice. WP still has bugs.

HEY! 🤗

Badfinger (Max) said:
        October 27, 2022 at 2:29 AM

Well again…I’m glad you are back

October 26, 2022 at 10:31 PM

I like to blog but, I don’t like to be frustrated.

Badfinger (Max) said:
            October 27, 2022 at 2:30 AM

Well I do! lol…. yea I know what you mean

October 27, 2022 at 10:06 AM

You can be frustrated for me…😠😡🤬

Badfinger (Max) said:
                October 27, 2022 at 2:09 PM

I have enough for both of us! We were told last Wednesday…the entire IT department needs to be moved by Friday to another part of the building… I told them f**k all…that isn’t happening…it took us to yesterday.
                I kept telling them… it’s not about moving Zach and I…it’s about moving everything else that is in place you dumb *****

October 27, 2022 at 10:22 AM

Good lord. Shoney’s boss ordered this?

October 26, 2022 at 10:31 PM

Thanks.

graham mcquade said:
    October 28, 2022 at 1:56 AM

Good to see you back, Vic.

October 28, 2022 at 1:03 PM