POTD: Beaver Moon 2021

I got some really cool shots of the moon about eight hours before it was completely full (3:58am EST, November 19). Then, I got some shots of the partial Lunar Eclipse. That was so awesome considering that it was the longest partial eclipse since 1440. My stupidphone couldn’t do it justice (I need a real camera).

Previous Beaver Moon posts here & here. Spooky, spooky… ~Vic

Beaver Moon 2021 Image
Taken @ 8:25pm
11-18-2021

14 thoughts on “POTD: Beaver Moon 2021

christiansmusicmusings said:
    November 20, 2021 at 10:12 AM

Cool, sadly, I missed the partial eclipse altogether. The weather in my neck of the woods wasn’t great either that night. Plus, all I currently have is a smartphone camera. While it’s not bad for standard situations, for something like this, it certainly pays off to have professional gear, including a good tripod.

November 20, 2021 at 1:12 PM

This was taken with my Samsung A12 stupidphone. Much of my earlier pictures on this blog were taken with an S7. Sometimes, I get lucky.

I have an older, small Fujifilm camera on loan and I am still learning to use it.

November 20, 2021 at 11:18 AM

You always take such lovely photos!

November 20, 2021 at 1:18 PM

Back at ya’, Momma! I got lucky. The weather conditions were just right.

November 20, 2021 at 6:22 PM

We are under thick clouds here, with threats of snow or rain or freezing mix. So far nothing!

November 21, 2021 at 3:19 AM

We’ve been under freeze warnings.

November 21, 2021 at 12:34 PM

WOW!!! I have in the chicken water in the mornings now.

November 21, 2021 at 5:03 PM

Last three nights, we’ve had to open cabinet doors and drip every faucet.

November 22, 2021 at 11:12 AM

WOW! That is cold.

November 23, 2021 at 1:39 AM

It has let up for the time being but, we have more to look forward to.

Tanja said:
    November 23, 2021 at 7:36 PM

This is an amazing photo. Hey, there is a saying between photographers: The best camera is always the one you have on you. It turned out great for being a phone shot.

November 23, 2021 at 9:26 PM

Thanks. I’ve gotten some really great shots with stupidphones (I’ve had three). I also have a small Nikon CoolPix camera that I am trying to learn to use.

Tanja said:
        November 24, 2021 at 6:18 PM

Once you figured it all out, it will be easy peasy, lemon squeezy. LOL

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: