Shutterbug Saturday: Animal Friends 5.0

Squirrel Image Four
Gotta go!
Buck Image Five
Well…hello!
05-25-2020
Buck Image Six
This little guy watched me walk by him. I got within six feet of him.

27 thoughts on “Shutterbug Saturday: Animal Friends 5.0

wandasanderspoems said:
    July 18, 2020 at 10:23 PM

Great photos. Love the deer posing for you..

July 18, 2020 at 11:22 PM

He was as calm as he could be. Most see you coming and just automatically bolt. Not him. He watched me but, didn’t even attempt to run. If I didn’t know any better, I’d swear he was waiting for me to feed him.

wandasanderspoems said:
        July 18, 2020 at 11:26 PM

Could be. Some deer are pretty tame around humans. Some like you said bolt at the smallest movement.

July 18, 2020 at 11:34 PM

Our next door neighbor has a doe with her fawn taking up residence in her back yard…and we are in town…not out in the county. This doe is very skittish. I can barely get close enough for a long camera shot.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    July 19, 2020 at 1:56 AM

I love cows. Yes it’s silly but I always wanted one. Back in the 80s and 90s we would play at the drummers house. Beside him they had cows. You go to the fence and they would let you pet them and follow you if you walk up and down the fence line.
    My cow would die of old age.

July 19, 2020 at 2:04 AM

Yeah. LOL! I’ve always said that, if I met the cow I was supposed to eat, I’d become a total pescatarian. I would enjoy their milk for drinking, butter & cheese. LOL!

A member of my group is on a farm outside of Toronto. He’s raised cows. He talked at great length of his love for them and their behaviors. They can be quite amusing. They love music.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
        July 19, 2020 at 2:09 AM

I’m really serious…something about them I really like. I love large animals…like that is a surprise…but I would take one…but never on a sandwich.

I’m glad you have that group to help center you…. Cows love music? Maybe that is the reason they liked me lol

July 19, 2020 at 2:29 AM

Big dogs. Big cows. I get it. LOL! You like horses? I made a friend when I was going to photograph the metal rooster. I had to pass a Painted horse and a little Shetland (I THINK it was a Shetland). They were certainly used to being hand fed. I felt bad that I didn’t have any treats. Sweet babies.

Dude. Watch these (links won’t show up on the phone, tho…):

badfinger20 (Max) said:
            July 19, 2020 at 2:32 AM

I love horses but I am scared of them…no not scared but just respectful of them.

No lie…guess my favorite horse? Come on…

I’m watching them now

July 19, 2020 at 2:52 AM

Mr. Ed?

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                July 19, 2020 at 2:54 AM

Clydesdale…if that is the way you spell it. I love how they walk…and again they are huge…

July 19, 2020 at 3:09 AM

Oh, yeah…Shires, Drafts, Andalusians & Clydesdales are gorgeous. My former Texan supervisor had Morgans.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                    July 19, 2020 at 3:12 AM

Wow…they are great.
                    When I was 17-18…I told you I know…I would feed race horses…every horse had a different mixture…it was on Tanya Tucker’s old farm owned by a judge at the time…

I’m about to hit the old “hay”…ha ha horses…hay get it?
                    Yea I am sleepy and tired lol…you have a good night Vic.

July 19, 2020 at 4:08 PM

I don’t recall the racehorse feeding but, that is damn cool. That would explain your “healthy respect.” Plus, I have trouble remembering what I ate yesterday. 🙄

Wonder what happened to Tanya…

I hit the “hay”…😆…just before you did. I was falling out…😵😴☺

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                      July 19, 2020 at 4:16 PM

It was really cool learning about horses at that time.

She had sold it a few years before I worked there.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
            July 19, 2020 at 2:49 AM

Dam you…now I REALLY want a cow…that is awesome…I like the first one a lot…all of those cows coming over the ridge!

July 19, 2020 at 2:56 AM

There are plenty of videos of folks playing for cows…and cows mooing and enjoying it. LOL!

Ken asked me what I was giggling about. I said “I’m watching cows enjoy a trombone.” Heh.

bayphotosbydonna said:
    July 19, 2020 at 9:27 AM

Awesome animal friends! Love that adorable young buck with velvet still on his antlers. 🙂

July 19, 2020 at 5:15 PM

He was so cute and so curious. I kept walking and he went back to eating. Not once did he try to take off.

BrokenTune said:
    July 19, 2020 at 10:17 AM

Lovely photos! The deer coming so close is amazing. 🙂

July 19, 2020 at 5:15 PM

I was overjoyed that he stood still for me. He’s too cute.

Thank you.

BrokenTune said:
        July 19, 2020 at 5:17 PM

I love the cows, too, btw. 🙂

July 19, 2020 at 5:19 PM

They were precious. They mooed at me a bit and the little one walked over. Ever seen videos of cows enjoying music?

BrokenTune said:
            July 19, 2020 at 5:20 PM

No, I haven’t. Is this something I should find?

July 19, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Excellent Photos! As Always. Love that buck…he looks like WHAT!?!?!

July 19, 2020 at 5:16 PM

Thanks, Linda. And, that is exactly what he looks like he is thinking.