Snapshots Sunday: Animal Friends 6.0

Cute squirrel.
04-04-2020
Click for a larger view.

24 thoughts on “Snapshots Sunday: Animal Friends 6.0

Tippy Gnu said:
    November 15, 2020 at 8:05 AM

I like that big, fat toad. Geez, you have a lot more green where you live, than where I live. It’s beautiful and refreshing to see (even though I love the desert).

November 15, 2020 at 1:52 PM

I love hop-hops. There are many around the river. I love to chase them. They croak & sing and, bounce off your shoes on the Riverwalk. I try really hard to keep from stepping on them. They come out in droves at dusk.

NC has no desert area that I am aware of. We’ve got a shitload of swamps, though, particularly around Camp Lejeune.

Another blogger I am close friends with said basically the same thing. She is just outside of Delta, CO and remarked about how green we were.

You’re near Death Valley, yes?

Tippy Gnu said:
        November 15, 2020 at 2:14 PM

Death Valley is about a 5-hour drive away. Been there twice, in my life. But any of this desert is death for anyone who doesn’t bring enough water when they hike, or who underestimates the power of the sun.

November 15, 2020 at 11:05 PM

I’ve heard. I learned a lot about the desert area when my ex-marine and I visited his family in Henderson, NV.

November 15, 2020 at 8:28 AM

How cool must it be to see turtles. Only see them here in tanks in the zoo.

November 15, 2020 at 1:56 PM

We have plenty. It wasn’t that long ago that I was out walking and found a huge snapping turtle that had been run over by a car. I wanted to cry. It had to weigh 20lbs.

November 15, 2020 at 12:31 PM

Bunnies are so hard to snap…You did good.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
    November 15, 2020 at 11:47 PM

I like the turtles and really like the cows. That one is looking at you like…”what the hell are you doing?”

November 16, 2020 at 12:14 AM

😆 Exactly! They have such expressive faces.

They were out in the field and, when I pulled over and got out to photograph them, they, immediately, walked over…like, “Hey! Whatcha doin?” 😄🐮🐄

badfinger20 (Max) said:
        November 16, 2020 at 12:22 AM

I told you before….I would love to have a pet one. Jennifer and I have said…farm animals would die of old age with us

November 16, 2020 at 1:33 AM

I’ve always said that, if I had to meet and pet the cow I was to eat, I’d be a vegetarian. I’m damn near one, now. I eat very little beef these days…very little. I eat a little chicken or turkey, here & there. I do eat my seafood, tho. I guess I’m more pescatarian.

badfinger20 (Max) said:
            November 16, 2020 at 1:41 AM

I still eat it…I could never pet the same one though…I just couldn’t.

November 16, 2020 at 1:46 AM

If I met the chicken or the turkey, I’d be done. I don’t have that trouble with fish…or shrimp…or crab…LOL!

badfinger20 (Max) said:
                November 16, 2020 at 2:00 AM

Oh fish…I have no trouble at all! Why I don’t know

Charles Huss said:
    November 16, 2020 at 8:12 PM

Those turtles actually look like they’re painted silver.