VOTD: Do You Believe?

I picked this up from another blog. I loved The Conjuring franchise movies. Were Ed & Lorraine Warren for real? Are the hauntings real? The guy who posted this video stated that he knew someone that was friends with a family that lived in the Amityville house in the 1990s. They reported nothing weird. He also stated that he had another friend that knew Ronald Defeo, Jr. and that person stated that Defeo was totally messed up. Apologies, up front, for all the adverts…and that stupid fish. Submitted for your approval… ~Vic

Video of the Day

16 thoughts on “VOTD: Do You Believe?

Badfinger (Max) said:
    December 4, 2022 at 11:49 PM

I loved the movies…true or not. I think they were really well done. Have you seen them?

December 5, 2022 at 12:05 AM

Most of them, yes. I like Vera & Patrick.

Badfinger (Max) said:
        December 5, 2022 at 12:05 AM

They were smarter than the average haunting movies. They made it not only look but seem real.

December 5, 2022 at 12:12 AM

The recent “The Devil Made Me Do It” was scary.

Badfinger (Max) said:
            December 5, 2022 at 12:14 AM

I watched it earlier this year….yes it was…I loved it.

UK #1s blog said:
    December 5, 2022 at 8:25 AM

I like the movies, especially the 1st ‘Conjuring’ which scared the crap out of me. The rest get a bit silly in places…

December 5, 2022 at 11:26 AM

Franchises can do that.

Kenneth T. said:
    December 6, 2022 at 1:39 AM

People love to be scared — I wonder why that is.
    ***sadly, I’m no stranger.

December 6, 2022 at 12:17 PM

People are fascinated with what they don’t understand. Some get a kick out of the thrill of the scare. I like an intriguing story and a little “scare” isn’t bad in context. When things get gory & gross, I’m done.

doerfpub said:
    December 11, 2022 at 11:37 AM

I land on the skeptical side of most of these “encounters”, but they provide great entertainment for me and inspiration for my annual Halloween haunt. I will admit, the Amityville Horror book is the only book that ever spooked me – think it came out around 77 which would have made me all of 10 or so when I was reading it (and The Shining etc. – there’s a reason for my Halloween fascination). Remember to this day getting up and turning on all the lights in the house to keep Jodie from showing up.

December 11, 2022 at 12:29 PM

There are a lot of questions that remain regarding Ed & Lorraine. Hollyweird purposefully obscures the problems. Fiction is more fun & pliable than facts or even opposing voices.

I’ve never read Amityville.

So, I take it that you were born in ’67? We aren’t far apart. I was born in ’66.

doerfpub said:
        December 11, 2022 at 6:49 PM

Yep, I’m a 1/67 child and my wife is actually a 10/66 child (I always remind her she is a cradle robber!). I’ve never seen the original Amityville movie – oftentimes I do not want “Hollyweird” ruining the visions in my head from the written word. I did see The Shining movie and must say that came pretty close. Wife is a huge Ghostnation fan and is always reading and visiting haunted sites so this post was right up her alley.

December 11, 2022 at 7:02 PM

08/66. Ha! My buddy Max (Powerpop.blog, above) is 01/67, too.

I’ve seen both versions of Amityville. The original is FAR creepier & disturbing than the remake.

I agree with Hollyweird messing with things. I was disappointed with Firestarter after having read the book. Sometimes adaptions don’t translate well and sometimes creative license screws things up.

I’ve seen The Shining and the TV mini-series remake. I’ve never read the book.

I am unfamiliar with Ghostnation.

doerfpub said:
            December 13, 2022 at 12:38 AM

With you on Firestarter but even thinking about the nutjob King has become makes me regret reading any of his stuff. Ghost Nation is a paranormal investigation TV series. Not my thing, but I think she mostly enjoys the history around the places they visit.

December 13, 2022 at 10:19 AM

King was a nutjob from the beginning. You can look at him and see all kinds of levels of crazy. He just didn’t have the benefit of a society as batshit as he is…until recently.

I will have to look up Ghost Nation. I just read an article a couple of days ago from Grunge and it was about Mike Rowe. He had been the narrator of Ghost Hunters for several years. He made some remarks along the lines of it being “lucrative” & “not real.” He followed that with acknowledging that there are real paranormal investigators…legit folks…that struggle to be able to do real work. The money is being diverted to the fakers.

Speaking of…as I was writing this, I looked it up. Yep. Same group. Ghost Hunters/Ghost Nation…same folks. All fake.

Here is the article…

doerfpub said:
                December 22, 2022 at 1:13 PM

Will give that a looksee, thanks for the link.